The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 40g Breeder HI-Tech Firt attempt'ish - 56k beware Pic heavy
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
I think the biggest challenge I'm going to face is aquascaping this tank since Ive never really done plants before I am having some trouble picking plants and seeing the design in my head. I'm thinking I want to do some kind of sand path that wraps around into some kinda like rock cave. I plan on using some kind of flexible plastic to separate the play sand and the eco complete then i want to line the edges of that with some kind of smooth rock standing up, almost like fence posts, to help keep stuff from mixing together. I have a nice piece of drift wood that I picked up online that should stick up out of the water just a little bit. I've had the wood curing in a 35g brute trash can that I used to mix salt water in for almost a month now. Looks like most of the tannins are out of it and it doesn't seem to be producing any smell in the water any more. Ive probably used a pound or two of carbon while curing it, But I have 2 5 gallon buckets left over from a group buy I did in so cal for 50lb bags back when I was reefing. Here are a few pictures of the manzanita wood that will be going in the tank.

From the front

From the top
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome