The Planted Tank Forum banner

RCS pH Range?

Tags
ph range rcs
7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  diwu13 
#1 ·
I know on many sites they say the ideal pH for RCS (or neocaridina's in general) is between 6.5 and 8. However, I know many people here find they are breeding at pH's of 8.7. Has anyone ever tried more acidic pH's, like anything under 6.5? This is just out of curiosity at how well these little shrimps adapt.

#2 ·
i tried keeping some of my cherries in my bowl with my crystal shrimp back when i was converting the water slowly to soft, and acidic. after a while though the cherry shrimp (i think there were two left in there) just disappeared so i assumed they couldn't live well in very acidic water. the crystals are still doing good.
though i do hear of people keeping them in acidic water, i bet they don't do as well in something less than 6.5 like you said.
I think my bowl pH is a bit less than 6.5

#4 ·
My water is ~6.9, this question was just out of curiosity as people seem to be able to raise shrimp is basic water. Just wondering has anyone tried breeding RCS in water under pH of 6.5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.