The Planted Tank Forum banner

60 gallon cherry tank! updated 3/13 52k!

7K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  shinycard255 
#1 · (Edited)
Equipment

Marineland 60 gallon (48-1/4"L x 12-3/4"W x 23-3/4)
AquaticLife 48" T5HO 2 54 watt bulbs(12 hour light period)
Concoa212 Dual Stage Regulator
BettaTail postbody kit
MaxiJet 600 Powerhead
5 pound CO2 Cylinder

Flora

C. Willisii
Staurogyne repens 049
unknown crypts
Glosso
Blyxa japonica
Hydrocotyle Sibthorpioides
Rotala Colorata
Limnophila Aromatica
Narrow Leaf Java Fern

Fauna
3-4 otocinclus affinis
50 RCS
15 ember tetras
5 dwarf neon rainbows

Substrate
60 lbs of Eco Complete
8 dry quarts of miracle grow organic choice potting mix

Opinion/suggestions are welcome:D
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]

New pictures on the last page!

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it looks fantastic! The dwarf hair grass has a really awesome green, especially in contrast to the dark substrate. How is the flow with 2 power heads and the canister? Also, I think you should add a school of corys for the bottom. I think they are great fish and some sterbai or julii corys would look great with the dark substrate.

#11 ·
Well I ordered the green fertilizer package from GLA today and bought a digital scale so by the end of this week I'll be doing via the PPS Pro method. My CO2 project will also be complete so looks like my tank should be completely set by this weekend.

In other news my R. Rotundifolia, some of the older DHG I had, and my java moss keep getting brown algae. I haven't added anything new except more plants. I did increase dosing but I don't think that would cause brown algae to grow. I have heard that old bulbs will do that when they need replacing so i might have to replace my bulbs now? Anyone know if thats true? Here is some pictures.

#19 ·
Well I joined the dirty tankers today! I bought some Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting Mix. I did about 1-1.5" and capped it with 1/2" of Eco Complete. I replanted my staurogyne repens and in the process of replanting my glosso and dhg. Since blyxa can't be grown emersed I put it in this for the time being

Comments or suggestions are welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.