Benibachi Shrimp - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,404
Will these shrimp breed true 100%? In other words, if I get the Hinomaru S, will I consistently get the same offspring?
hedge_fund is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
guppies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 635
Hedge, I think the grading scale of the JPL is different from the one we normally see for CRS. This one is based on the color and % coverage of the legs rather than the patterns.
guppies is offline  
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppies View Post
Hedge, I think the grading scale of the JPL is different from the one we normally see for CRS. This one is based on the color and % coverage of the legs rather than the patterns.
I think I like this better.....who cares about the pattern, you want the shrimp to "pop" in your tank and be the focal point. A good strong color will certainly bring that out. (thanks for the clarification Guppies).

I am really thinking about picking some up next time when I visit my parents in New Jersey. Where in Philadelphia are you located?

Wonder if my friends will think that I'm crazy by spending 180 bucks on a tiny little shrimp? We all know you can't just buy one either...
hedge_fund is offline  
post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Max Kenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
I think I like this better.....who cares about the pattern, you want the shrimp to "pop" in your tank and be the focal point. A good strong color will certainly bring that out. (thanks for the clarification Guppies).

I am really thinking about picking some up next time when I visit my parents in New Jersey. Where in Philadelphia are you located?

Wonder if my friends will think that I'm crazy by spending 180 bucks on a tiny little shrimp? We all know you can't just buy one either...
Ya. The offspring might not have the same pattern but their color sure looks like their parents.
We locate in Wynnewood, PA. It's a nice, peaceful area.
This might be the last shipment until August since I'm going to Japan this summer.
Max Kenji is offline  
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benibachi View Post
Ya. The offspring might not have the same pattern but their color sure looks like their parents.
We locate in Wynnewood, PA. It's a nice, peaceful area.
This might be the last shipment until August since I'm going to Japan this summer.
Thanks for the quick answer. I spoke to two people from Philly and they said that Wynnewood is a good area.
hedge_fund is offline  
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Planted Member
 
vincent201089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 188
I know it's not recommended to house these Benibachi shrimp with CRS.
How about CBS?
BTW, what size are those shrimp, how old are they? How long does it take for them to start breeding?

My 33g shrimp playground!
Canon pimp club #35.
vincent201089 is offline  
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Max Kenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 272
I recommend not to cross CBS and CRS since it will affect the gene quality. I have different tanks for different grade shrimps.
They are about 2cm , probably 4 months old. It will take about 1-2 months for them to become mature.
Max Kenji is offline  
post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Planted Member
 
vincent201089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benibachi View Post
I recommend not to cross CBS and CRS since it will affect the gene quality. I have different tanks for different grade shrimps.
They are about 2cm , probably 4 months old. It will take about 1-2 months for them to become mature.
But will be ok for KK, panda. LOL
Thanks for your quick answer.

My 33g shrimp playground!
Canon pimp club #35.
vincent201089 is offline  
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,404
So if this one is 950 dollars, are there any higher grades? Also, if I purchased four would you be able to guarantee the sexes @ 50/50? I am really really leaning towards getting rid of all my current shrimp and starting off with these.

hedge_fund is offline  
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Max Kenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 272
Well it's up to you. Crossing with KK,panda will make your benibachi gene no longer pure. Our shrimps in the farm are all pure bred even KK,panda. Some breeders cross KK,panda with regular CRS/CBS for a faster reproduction.
Max Kenji is offline  
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Max Kenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
So if this one is 950 dollars, are there any higher grades? Also, if I purchased four would you be able to guarantee the sexes @ 50/50? I am really really leaning towards getting rid of all my current shrimp and starting off with these.

We also have $1200 and $1500 grade shrimp up on request. It will take like a month to prepare the order, you can also choose the pattern, color of the legs, sex, etc. I can only choose sex of the shrimp that are S grade or higher. We will have some SS grade CRS/CBS on the incoming shipment .
Max Kenji is offline  
post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Puzzled...
 
jimko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Frisco, CA
Posts: 1,223
Got my shrimps today Max, no DOAs! Definitely some of the most solid colored shrimps I've seen or purchased. I got the lowest grade you offer and I am impressed. They are coloring up really nicely.

Good luck with the sale!!!
jimko is offline  
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Max Kenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 272
Haha. Thanks a lot Jimmy . I'm glad you like them.
Keep us updated on your shrimps .
Max Kenji is offline  
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 PM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,901
I can't wait to get some!!!

Sent from my Samsung Note, the "Phablet"
h4n is offline  
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Planted Member
 
vincent201089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 188
Yeah! Me too. Just ordered 20 grade A mix band and I'm really excited.
Do you want me to buy more shrimp from you? If so, you should post some photos of the new shipment. LOL

My 33g shrimp playground!
Canon pimp club #35.
vincent201089 is offline  
 

Tags
benibachi

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome