The Planted Tank Forum banner

New to Aquarium Photography and with a New Aquarium

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Seattle_Aquarist 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've had a 5 gallon planted tank in the works for a few months now, got some decent plant growth, all cycled up, and finally this past weekend got me some CPDs.

The timing of this also happens to coincide with getting a new Canon T3i at work and telling my boss that I need to take the camera home to play around with it and learn how to use it better.

So here's some of my photos! I call my tank "The Great Snail of Tranquility"...hopefully you can see why!

These first three were from before I added the CPDs, my first photoshoot. They seem a little overexposed to me. I think the problem at the time was that I didn't know how to change my aperture, and I was shooting mostly on Auto settings, hehe.

My next set is just from Monday night. I was experimenting with wireless flash photography too. I know some of these images are a little soft and grainy. I am working with the kit lenses for this camera, so there's only so much I can do. Not to entirely blame the lenses...I'm sure my technique can use some work. An overhead lighting system would probably work wonders on my photos.

Here's the next set. A couple of the images are just cropped portions of previous images, cropped to 2880x900 to use as backgrounds for my dual-monitor system at work.

Link to whole album: http://imgur.com/a/L7TG6#0

It's a start. I'm learning videography as well, and I've shot some nice footage of the CPDs. I'm planning on putting together a fun little video in the near future, I'll post a link when I'm done with it.

Thanks for viewing!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.