The Planted Tank Forum banner

New camera, video post 41

3K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  2in10 
#1 · (Edited)
So I just ordered a Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55 mm IS II lens and EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS telephoto lens. I also ordered the EF 100 mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens.

Any serious on point help on using the camera and starting lenses would be greatly appreciated.

I may use the camera for more than just aquarium photography in the future and will consider a greater variety of less general use lenses at that time.

#43 ·
So as I am likely to do I have gone crazy with the new hobby. I have purchased a 50 f/1.4, a 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, a 17-55 f/2.8 and a 70-300 f/4-5.6. I really love the two faster lenses and am learning the capabilities of the other two. I am really starting to see the possibilities with the 10-22 and the tele zoom works very similar to the kit tele zoom just with better quality and range.

#44 ·
It looks good, the camera did a good job on the video! It was nice to see the video because I normally don't see any fish in your tank unless I look really hard, that black triangle on their tails it perfect camo looking just like a leaf shadow.

For some reason I don't like DSLR's with video, I like the hard core M,S,A,P options without the 18 or 24 options of fireworks, active, portrait, etc. but every one is doing it now and the quality is good. I also like your camera it's a big bang for the buck, 18mp, video, etc. I would probably put on the 50 mm f1.4 and never take it off if it's a sharp lens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.