The Planted Tank Forum banner

A bunch of photos from my 3 main tanks

6K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  scribnibbler 
#1 · (Edited)
I sort of did this on accident but now that I have im glad it worked out this way. My three main aquarium sort of represent the three main freshwater waterways in aquaria. The Amazon, Lake Tanganyika, and Lake Malawi. The only one that's a strict biotope is the Amazon tank, the Africans have slight cheating in the form of BN Plecos, and the Malawi has some yoyo loaches.

Anyway here are the photo's, all takes with my D200 and either a 35mm 1.8 or 55mm Ai Macro. Not all magazine quality by any means, these are more about the tanks that the photography. Ill post a photo of each tank followed by most of the fish in it. Let me know what you think!

29g Amazon Blackwater

29g Lake Tanganyika

45g Lake Malawi, all Mbuna except for one Lake Victoria cheat

See less See more
#9 ·
OMGosh I love the 2nd tank! I know nothing about cichlids - I'm assuming you have shell dwellers in there? Those little white fish with the yellow dorsals are beautiful. I keep columbian too, aren't they fantastic fish? I keep mine with tiger barbs and they get on great. I just love how eager they are at feeding time : )

#11 · (Edited)
Love all your tanks and great shots also! Is that a leleupi in your tang tank?

The leleupi will get very nasty with the shell dwellers especially the occies. Keep an eye out between them. The leleupi are known to drag the females out from the shells and snatch up the fry inside, seen it first hand.

Your punks and calvus looks awesome.

Are those gold or yellow fin occies?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.