The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aquatic Plants in Bloom

10K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Harry Muscle 
#1 · (Edited)
I've seen a Fish thread and a Pearling Plant Thread but we should definately have a Flower thread so please add yours, happy hunting.

Aponogeton crispus flower

The flower is larger today but the color is lighter and in different light

Day 4 and it's close to 3 inches tall..........................................op day 5

This is the last update on this flower as I cut it out today but it was turning yellow and if I hadn't disturbed it an knocked a bunch seed, pollen, etc. into the water I would have let it go to see if the whole thing would turn yellow.

See less See more
#31 ·

Quick pic of my glossotigma :) It's about this big across --

Also a picture of my Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia

#35 ·
I'm not sure if this is true but years ago someone said Apon seeds are in the flower and if you let the flower wilt the seeds will bring you a bunch of new plants, so I'm letting the flower wilt and it just bloomed back on 6-14 in the photo above. The thing is while I'm waiting for the old flower to wilt it has thrown a new flower stalk that will open in the next couple of days.

The old flower is in the back and out of focus.

#37 ·
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but I was wondering if you still have this plant. What's interesting is that normally Aponogeton crispus has white flowers. I'm thinking yours might be crossed with something. I'd love to get my hands on an Aponogeton crispus that has the potential for such colorful flowers. Do you by any chance remember where you got this plant from originally?

Thanks,
Harry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.