Angel Tank Gets Some Plant Love... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Angel Tank Gets Some Plant Love...

My 37 gallon tank was getting really overgrown so I decided it was time to cut back the Bocapa and Wisteria. I ended up with enough trimmings that I was able to fill out my 55 gallon Angel tank quite nicely. I also moved a java fern and anubias nana from the other tank as they were just getting lost in the tank. They have been in the tank for about a week and seem to be doing well. This is a well established 10+ years tank. It uses just regular pea gravel substrate and no CO2. My Dojo loach was having fun when I first put the plants in uprooting them any chance he would get. I would get the plants in the substrate and an hour later I would look and half of them would be floating on the surface with the loach just chilling in them I have them tied to rocks now so he shouldn't be able to uproot them anymore. He still likes to sit in them though. I'm actually surprised to see a lot of new growth on the Bocapa after being in the tank for a week. Anyway here are some pics. Don't mind the algae its due for a scrub. Always a fight in this tank. Tell me what you think and suggestions are always welcome.

Before (aprox 1 month ago)

Today:

New Growth!

Wisteria hides that ugly bubbler that never wants to lay flat.

The troublemaker. Love this guy though

My Tank Journal: 37 Gallon Tall - Custom Built Stand.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12...as-37-gal.html

Last edited by travis424; 01-25-2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Planted Member

I think you should switch to a black background, maybe put some sand over the gravel, and switch from the bubbler to a cheap wavemaker for oxygenation and it would look much better.

Look around for a sun-sun JVP20 wavemaker. I picked mine up for $6 shipped and it's really nice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Algae Grower

In my point of view, your tank looks perfect. It looks very much beautiful. Thanks for showing all the pictures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode