The Planted Tank Forum banner

Pictures of fish you are most proud of!

14K views 89 replies 47 participants last post by  Silang 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I want to start this thread for a place to showcase their fish.... This site seems to be mostly about planted tanks WHICH IS AWESOME but I want to see some fish. I would like to see two or three of the pics you are most proud of not just a quick snapshot, unless that snapshot is awesome lol. I not implying that you have to be a professional photographer just a picture that you put a little effort into.

I start it off, cant wait to see what everyone has!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Love the idea for the thread! Great pics of your fish, too!

Here's my 21 year old Raphael cat. Not the best pic, but you have to move quick when he's out and about in the tank.

Edit: stupid sideways pic. Original got rotated right 90* so I rotated original to the left, and the upload stayed that way.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Seriously great pics. Makes me want to it the digital camera I haven't used in forever and stop taking weak cell phone pix. Pic quality is not good and also receiving an additional light tomorrow to better show off the stars of the tank

Got the new light so figured I'd edit and repost with some better pics.

Attachments

#10 ·
I cant believe your catfish is that old! Must be doing the right things in your tank!
Thanks! When people tell me fish don't last long, I ask them how long they think a fish should live. Five years is about the longest. They are floored when I tell them how old this one is.

I don't take much credit for its longevity, more likely it's due to the durability of these doradids. He's (she's?) outlived literally hundreds of tankmates, a lot of which died from some catastrophe like clogged filters when I was away, tank wide disease, or some unknown crash.

#11 ·

On the topic of catfish. This girl's dorsal fin is now so long it drapes over her tail.
Never seen one like it. I have about 40 of her fry now. She is the only one of thee corys that is not scared of me, and comes to the front to where I feed them, when I'm at the tank. Still hard to get a shot of. Still going to make a small, thin tank for taking pictures in. Although she is about as wide as she is long due to massive pectorals too.

She is like a flying catfish. Clumsy as heck through the plants through.

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.