The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 5G Low Tech, Rocks and Stems...Updated 6-8-2012
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Sooo, unfortunately Liby died. I am not sure what happened, my girlfriend had been working a lot and I had been sick so I wasn't over there for a week. I tested the water and everything seemed fine, don't know what happened.

I also had to tear out all the plants in the back to find the body. I didn't take pictures but it will have to "grow into itself again". I am thinking it will look back to normal in about 2 weeks. The good thing is I made more room for new plants.

My question. We are not sure if we want another frog, or fish. As much as my girlfriend likes frogs, I think fish will bring a lot more life to this tank.

What would you suggest for a 5 gallon? I don't want to break the bank with something rare or exotic. A frog costs $2. A LFS has some cool varieties of Endlers which are appealing to me as I like the colors. I really would just go for guppies but they will be too big for the tank. I am just looking for something colorful that can deal with the small size. The smaller, the better.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome