Rimless tank pre order - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Rimless tank pre order

Alright, here's the deal:

Penn Plax has just released a new line of rimless aquariums called Radius. I had an order placed for the initial release, but I just got a call from my sales rep saying that they have raised their minimum order to a point we can't comfortably reach. This is a product That S.Oak will almost certainly carry in the future, but I want to speed this process up in the hopes of being able to offer them for sale at Christmas.

So I'm going to institute a pre order sale for their tanks. If there is sufficient interest I will order. I can't promise that they will be in before Christmas, but I am certainly trying to make that happen. Payment will be due at the time the order is placed.

Here are the details on the tanks:

They are rimless glass tanks made from 3 pieces of glass and featuring bent glass/seamless front corners. They're available in 4 sizes as both a kit and just a tank. The kit includes an LED clip light (probably only sufficient for low light plants), and a cascade internal filter.

Sizes and pricing:
Prices are only good for this preorder sale and are only available to Planted Tank members. Dimensions are length x width x height and in inches. Shipping prices are my best estimate, as I don't have the product here to weigh. Outside the continental US will be higher. Parcel post is also available at a cost of $20 for all sizes. I will do my best to combine shipping with our other lines of products.

3.4 gallon (11.75 x 7.4 x 10.25)
Kit: $45
Tank only: $25
Shipping: $30 for priority, $22 for UPS ground

5 gallon (13.75 x 8.75 x 11)
Kit: $50
Tank only: $30
Shipping: $35 for priority, $22 for UPS ground

7.5 gallon (15.75 x 10.25 x 11.75)
Kit: $55
Tank only: $35
Shipping: $45 for priority, $25 for UPS ground

10 gallon (17.75 x 11.75 x 12.6)
Kit: $65
Tank only: $45
Shipping: $55 for priority, $25 for UPS ground

Combo pack of all four sizes
Tanks only. 1 of each size: $120!!!
Shipping will be whatever the actual cost is. Shipping shouldn't be too bad as all the tanks fit inside each other. The weight will probably limit this to UPS ground or parcel post. I expect UPS ground to be around $40-$50 with parcel post not far behind.

As far as I know these are the lowest prices for rimless tanks on the internet.

I can include all other Penn Plax products in this sale including Cascade canister and HOB filters, though my pricing on them is going to be more similar to what you see every where else. There is surprisingly little mark up on those things.

If there are any other Penn Plax products you want, let me know and I'll get you a quote. It doesn't have to be fish stuff either, it can be anything Penn Plax makes. Their consumer website is http://www.pennplax.com/Consumer.html

Last edited by darkestsky; 12-05-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added a combo pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Confirmed list

jrwestcoast - 10 gallon tank only

Last edited by darkestsky; 12-06-2011 at 06:48 AM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

Very similar to the Finnex 4 I have and the 10 gallon I see here should be a sweet tank if the silicone job is as good as the Finnex. Wish I was working on nano's still but I am going up in size actually.

The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

My Finnex 4 Tank Journal-RETIRED 20L Rimless Journal 55L Journal- 06/2012

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Algae Grower

What are the odds on shipping to Canada? Is it even possible?
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
Very similar to the Finnex 4 I have and the 10 gallon I see here should be a sweet tank if the silicone job is as good as the Finnex. Wish I was working on nano's still but I am going up in size actually.
While I haven't seen them in person yet I expect the seams to be well done. Penn Plax's glass tanks are usually very nice. And expensive. They make a ton of cheap plastic crap, but they also make a few really good products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidmachine View Post
What are the odds on shipping to Canada? Is it even possible?
Actually doesn't look too bad. UPS ground for a single tank appears to be around $25 and around $55 or so for the 4 tank combo. About 7 days transit time.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Surrounded by Blyxa

That seems very cheap for a rimless bent glass 10gallon...what is domestic shipping going to be approximately?
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Algae Grower

Wow these seam like an excelant deal. So as I understand it you are taking pre orders from us and then you will order tanks or you will have these in stock. Will prices remain the same if this is a continualy stocked item?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCichlid View Post
That seems very cheap for a rimless bent glass 10gallon...what is domestic shipping going to be approximately?

I expect shipping to be about $25 with UPS ground.

Here's the reason the prices are this low: We will order more tanks than get presold so that we have them in stock to sell outside of TPT. Those tanks will be sold at slightly higher prices (not too much higher. This hobby has gotten too expensive) allowing us to make a little profit. Without the presale we wouldn't be able to reach the minimum order required by Penn Plax. Make sense?
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Algae Grower

What comes in the kit? The light and filter?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoods View Post
Wow these seam like an excelant deal. So as I understand it you are taking pre orders from us and then you will order tanks or you will have these in stock. Will prices remain the same if this is a continualy stocked item?
Yup, you guys are helping me hit the minimum order. I'd like to keep the prices the same after the presale, but I might have to raise them a little bit. I do my best to keep prices low, but I do need to make a little profit in order to keep this whole thing going

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleeFoxtrot View Post
What comes in the kit? The light and filter?
Exactly. The filter is a Cascade internal (the size varies with the size of the tank) and the light is an LED clip light. I can't imagine that the light will be able support anything but the easiest of plants, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

Wow, selling everything huh! Bump for a great guy/business.
And for a great price!
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
Wow, selling everything huh! Bump for a great guy/business.
And for a great price!

Thanks Han! Yeah, we are really trying to make a go of this. I'm working on suppliers for everything from substrate to filters.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

Great! I love buying everything I need/want from
One vendor!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

lol... i saw these tanks in person and had to pick one up at my LFS... they are nice...

since the front is rounded, you dont need to worry that much about silicon showing.

The glass isnt ADA class, the silicon isnt ADA class, but, and i say BUT, the price sure is a lot south of a ADA tank, and it looks much better then a rim'd 10gal.

In all great tanks... i have one.. waiting to set it up.

LOL i wonder whose going to buy the 3 gallon? the tank costs as much as shipping :X
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Algae Grower

I was able to pick the 5 gallon and 3 gallon at my lfs. It is a nice tank for the price. I switched out a 5 gallon acylic with the rimless 5 gallon. I will try and post some pics on the 5 gallon later. Will be switching out a 2.5 gallon rimmed tank with the 3 gallon rimless soon.

Eheim Pimp Club #482 Classic 2213/Ecco 2232

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode