New Finnex High Powered LED Fixture. Input Welcome. - Page 5 - The Planted Tank Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Church's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
-How important are blue moonlights to you?
I haven't read this thread, so please bear with me if this has already been addressed, but PLEASE offer white moonlights instead of blue. PLEASE! Everyone and their mother already manufactures their fixtures with the blue ones, which ONLY look good on reef tanks.

That is all. Thank you for listening.
Church is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
jbrady33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mt Laurel, NJ
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
I haven't read this thread, so please bear with me if this has already been addressed, but PLEASE offer white moonlights instead of blue. PLEASE! Everyone and their mother already manufactures their fixtures with the blue ones, which ONLY look good on reef tanks.

That is all. Thank you for listening.
+1 for white moonlights,
+2 for separate plugs for timers
+3 for built in dimmer!
jbrady33 is offline  
post #63 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Addis, Louisiana
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady33 View Post
+1 for white moonlights,
+2 for separate plugs for timers
+3 for built in dimmer!
ditto
spidernids is offline  
post #64 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 752
We hear you guys loud and clear!


Lowe is offline  
post #65 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidernids View Post
ditto
Something like this finnex prototype I presume

http://youtu.be/6GYwoJpXF60


Lowe is offline  
post #66 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
jbrady33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mt Laurel, NJ
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Something like this finnex prototype I presume

http://youtu.be/6GYwoJpXF60
You bet! Need my address?
jbrady33 is offline  
post #67 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady33 View Post
You bet! Need my address?

Ha ...I'd need you to empty your wallet first, jk.

We have the capability to produce all that was requested. The issue is making sure we can produce units of high quality (ie as was done w/ the RAY II & FugeRay) at a price point you guys are comfortable with. We test samples for at least 6 months before deciding to put them in actual production and I will say there are a few fixtures with the features all of you requested in testing stages. That said, I can not promise those units will be put to production.

Maybe I'll put up a contest for one of you guys to win a chance to test one of our samples for our next batch.


Lowe is offline  
post #68 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN (Near Nashville)
Posts: 54
Would you recommend hanging (can it be done) the 36" Ray II if I have the Mr Aqua 12 since it has the shallow 8" depth? Or perhaps the 30" FugeRay is better suited to a tank with these shallow dimensions. Thanks
cashman is offline  
post #69 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would you recommend hanging (can it be done) the 36" Ray II if I have the Mr Aqua 12 since it has the shallow 8" depth? Or perhaps the 30" FugeRay is better suited to a tank with these shallow dimensions. Thanks
I would definitely hang the Ray II unit if over a aquarium with only 8" depth. There are a few members who've done so and I would def check out their journals. Some have gotten pretty creative


Lowe is offline  
post #70 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN (Near Nashville)
Posts: 54
cashman is offline  
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
nokturnalkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HI, but Pueblo, CO for now
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
I would definitely hang the Ray II unit if over a aquarium with only 8" depth. There are a few members who've done so and I would def check out their journals. Some have gotten pretty creative
On the next run of fixtures, you should make them able to be hung without drilling into the fixture amd voiding the warranty. Maybe something like a nut that is welded to the top of the fixture and all the user would have to do is screw in some supplied eye bolts. Or, something that will slide into where the legs go. If you cam make an affordable dimming fixture, then hanging a fixture isn't that big of a deal.

Schuber Wright 6 gal
Mr. Aqua 11.4 g...coming soon
30gal Journal - RIP
nokturnalkid is offline  
post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Addis, Louisiana
Posts: 43
Lowe,

Have you ever thought about having custom orders? Maybe a fixed option base, and a higer margin/price point compared to the standard unit. Equivalent to DIY LED with sunrise/sunset dimmers, but would end up being better quality than I could do.

Frank
spidernids is offline  
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,748
Would the 18 inch Ray 2 LED on an ADA Mini L (18 x 9.5 x 12) count as low or high light?
Green_Flash is offline  
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidernids View Post
Lowe,

Have you ever thought about having custom orders? Maybe a fixed option base, and a higer margin/price point compared to the standard unit. Equivalent to DIY LED with sunrise/sunset dimmers, but would end up being better quality than I could do.

Frank
The problem with custom orders is that we would need to order an ample qty for each particular part to avoid paying a premium. In doing so, as a plus, the bigger the order is the better chance our manufacturer has at first selection of parts as well, as obviously the higher grade LEDs / other parts are snatched first. There's much our manufacturer has to go through and it may not produce a quality product unless the order is not on the large side of the scale. But dont' worry, we do have an advanced model going through the tests right now.


Lowe is offline  
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Would the 18 inch Ray 2 LED on an ADA Mini L (18 x 9.5 x 12) count as low or high light?
12 deep? Understanding high light is a subjective term, I would say you'd have a high light tank.

For a more detailed explanation read through TPT member, Hoppy, posts. One of his that is surely worth reading through: Lighting an Aquarium with PAR instead of Watts


Lowe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome