2Likes
  • 1 Post By jmhart
  • 1 Post By sohankpatel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Answered: Planted + vs Planted 24/7

Sorry y'all, should have searched first: Finnex Fugeray Planted+vs 24/7

Could someone help me understand the main distinguishing features between these two fixtures?

Specifically, I'm looking at a 24". I currently have a FugeRay. I'm looking at the plant fixtures to bring in my red color, but I'd potentially like to increase my PAR slightly.

From what I can tell the biggest difference is just the ability to control and customize the light intensity and color of the Planted 24/7. Other than that, it seems like at full blast the color spectrum is the same vs the Planted+. What I can't tell is wattage. At full blast, is the wattage the same?

Any other major differences between the two?
Econde likes this.

Last edited by jmhart; 11-20-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Should have Searched
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

If I remember correctly, the planted+ 24/7 has higher par on max brightness
BettaBettas likes this.

A 16-year old that faces parental opposition in this hobby
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=237065&dateline=14898  54398
55g High Tech, Dutch (Sort of)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Planted Member

The FugeRay Planted+ uses true red 660nm LEDs....the 24/7 does not.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 02:24 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I have both, in 36" models:

Planted+ - a basic LED fixture with 660nm red leds mixed with white LEDs, and a few blues as "moonlights". There are two manual switches, one that turns on/off white+red, and the other turns on/off the moonlights. You can use both together for a slight blue enhancement. This light has no internal timer features and needs to be used with a lamp timer. There's no way other than manually flipping switches to go from "day" to "moonlight". It is also non-adjustable (unless you take a soldering iron to it and make it dimmable, like I did in the DIY forum).

Planted 24/7 - a brightness adjustable fixture with white LEDs mixed with RGB LEDS. Can be set to any fixed color/brightness you like using the included remote, or put into "24/7" mode, where it loops through a 24-hour long pre-programed day/night cycle. The day/night cycle is not adjustable, so you can use it as an adjustable light with a lamp timer, or as a self-timed light that isn't adjustable, but it can't do both.

I particularly like the 24/7 mode, I've been using the 24/7 exclusively for a while now.

Brightness wise the 24/7 reads a tad higher on my PAR meter at "MAX" than the planted+ does. I get slightly less growth response/algae problems with 24/7 in 24/7 mode when compared with a planted+ on for 8 hours/day with a 2-hour mid-day break, but the two setups have been rather similar. Even though the 24/7 is brighter, in 24/7 mode, it is only at/near max for a short time (2hrs/day) and spends the rest of the day at various parts of its ramp up/ramp down cycle.

New to planted tanks, avid gardener/tinkerer.
36g bow tank journal Fluval C4 + Quietflow 30, Finnex Planted+ with dimmer mod, low-tech.
10 gallon secondary tank with Finnex stingray with dimmer mod, AC20, low tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode