Flashing lights - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Flashing lights

My 36" Planted+ light is flashing over and over again. I tried turning it off and on and even unplugged it. Unplugging it seemed to fix it for a day or so but yesterday it started flashing again and I can't seem to fix it. What would the fixture do this and can it be fixed? This also happened to me with another LED light. I'm just about ready to stick with fluorescent bulbs. At least I know how to replace them!

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've had a lot of trouble with power adapters for LED lights. If you have access to another suitable adapter, you might give it a try.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I had the same exact issue. If it is still under the extremely short 6 month warranty then contact Finnex. If you are outside of that they will simply tell you to go purchase a power supply on aquavibrant for $36.... I ordered a replacement power supply for mine this week. It should be here Saturday or Monday. I have 4 Finnex lights and after seeing how common of an issue power supply failure is with them (several people on facebook pages had the same issue) I will no longer purchase or recommend Finnex products. I bought this power supply simply to get this light back up, But from now on I will buy other brands with better lasting quality on internal components....
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have a 36" planted plus that has started flashing the red LED's, no other lights will come on, aside from the flashing red LED's. I'm wondering if my problem is the power supply or something different. I would hate to buy a new power supply and then find out that is not the problem.

@Lowe - my fixture is about 1 year old, is this normal for this to happen. Anyone know any other fixes or what may be causing this.

Bump: Also forgot to mention that I have another smaller planted plus fixture, maybe 20" or so. Can I use the power supply from that fixture for the larger 36" one which is currently broken (flashing LED's)?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I have a 36" planted plus that has started flashing the red LED's, no other lights will come on, aside from the flashing red LED's. I'm wondering if my problem is the power supply or something different. I would hate to buy a new power supply and then find out that is not the problem.

@Lowe - my fixture is about 1 year old, is this normal for this to happen. Anyone know any other fixes or what may be causing this.

Bump: Also forgot to mention that I have another smaller planted plus fixture, maybe 20" or so. Can I use the power supply from that fixture for the larger 36" one which is currently broken (flashing LED's)?
That sounds exactly like the problem that I had, and at about the same time too (after one year). I just gave up on my Finnex light, so I can't really help you - sorry. But like member 'crice8' said, I will no longer purchase or recommend Finnex products.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode