The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 2.5G - [UPDATE 3.12.12 photo on last post]
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
2.5G - [UPDATE 3.12.12 photo on last post]

Finally! Putting up my 1st journal.

Fluval Shrimp Stratum
Rocks from Treetom (Thanks!)
23W 5600K bulb (100w equivalent) roughly 8-9 inches from substrate pointing directly down.
DIY co2

This journal is titled "revive" for the last minute change of heart I had for this journal. I originally was going to plant m. minuta but last minute changed my mind. I ran to the LFS and saw some really poorly planted glosso (see below). I decided not to let that stop me, and spend time hand picking out the few strands to plant.

I came home, set up my scape, and began picking through the glosso. While I was pruning the dead roots and leaves, I decided to title this journal "revive" - as I felt that I was reviving the near dead glossos

Corny, I know but better than "gnod's 1st journal"

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions, etc. Thanks!

oh yea, PICTURES!

this was the first scape i had in mind but didn't really like the big rock to the left. felt... out of scape

i like this much better

what i was working with..

after it's all planted! i noticed the substrate is probably going to take some time before it gets all the air pockets out... didn't know the stratum is so light. but i like it, pretty easy to plant imo

Last edited by gnod; 03-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome