LED groupbuy 100w Lumia 5.1 for planted tanks is out! - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 63
LED groupbuy 100w Lumia 5.1 for planted tanks is out!

We have been getting alot of questions on if we are releasing a version of the Lumia 5.1 for planted tanks, well now its here!

Simple, one led setup that is easily adjustable for colors/growth because of the 5 channels of control. No need to fuss with lots of LEDs.

Check it out:

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bellingham Washington
Posts: 170
Could you please link correct drivers and heatsink for this led? Also do you have a picture of it lit and its light against a solid background?
JeffE is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffE View Post
Could you please link correct drivers and heatsink for this led? Also do you have a picture of it lit and its light against a solid background?
This might help:

Matsnork is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Algae Grower
 
moorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: u.k
Posts: 106
Do you have any more info on this like lumens? Par levels? I see you quote 24x24x24 does that mean it needs to be 24" from the substrate for optimum par levels? Do these need optics? What is the light spread?

Thanks
moorin is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorin View Post
Do you have any more info on this like lumens? Par levels? I see you quote 24x24x24 does that mean it needs to be 24" from the substrate for optimum par levels? Do these need optics? What is the light spread?

Thanks
you want to hang it about 4-8" from the water line in a 24x24x24 tank.
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Algae Grower
 
moorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: u.k
Posts: 106
Thanks for that but what are the par levels etc? What can this light grow? I understand the area it lights up but if it isn't delivering the right amount of par in that area it's not worth it. Please expand on your info as I'm very interested but don't want to spend a lot of money on an expensive led that isn't very good when I could go with cree xml's etc
moorin is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorin View Post
Thanks for that but what are the par levels etc? What can this light grow? I understand the area it lights up but if it isn't delivering the right amount of par in that area it's not worth it. Please expand on your info as I'm very interested but don't want to spend a lot of money on an expensive led that isn't very good when I could go with cree xml's etc
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/32835...ings-pics-etc/

That is the reef version which will have similar PAR levels. The spread for this chip is quite good. Buy the 50-80 lens and PAR will go way up and you can hang higher.

http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/lumia-5-1-optic-lens/
gus6464 is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome