The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Audioaficionado's 45 Gallon Tall High Tech Reentry
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (9/100%)
Click image for larger version

Name:	40 gal 5-31-11.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	31365

The only reason the glass isn't green/brown is because I clean it with a nice long handled algae scrubber LOL. My otos try but the algae must not be to their liking. I'm bringing in some reinforcements to deal with it. SAE, Nerite snails, shrimp, etc.

I just planted that Aponogeton ulvaceus bulb three days ago with only three 1/4" long shoots starting out. It will take over the left side in a month at this rate.

Look at what 3 weeks of low 1/2-1bps DIY CO2 + T5HO/ 11hr/day w/3hr burst + modest ferts have done so far. I haven't even planted any root ferts yet nor use EI. Plants have more than doubled their biomass in that time.

I'm starting on my pressurized CO2 system build. Got a nice Victor VTS450D DSR on fleabay the other day. Now I'm working on acquiring the rest of the bits.

I'm looking at power heads, but they are really intrusive unless you get the really expensive units with magnetic coupled compact wet head/dry drive motor. I might just get another canister and put in a spray bar across the back.

45 gal tall high-tech : 2-23-12 update
Complete CO2 Leak Test : How to build a CO2 regulator

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers often can't tell the difference.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My advice is free and worth every penny.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome