The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New Plants today (150 G) New Algae!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
After only three days the new lighting is paying off, plants growing and pearling like crazy, diatoms are reducing in strenth and coverage, everything is sprouting new leaves. Unfortunately some of the plants have lost many lower leaves from the diatoms and I have not done a water change in a couple of weeks or so and some litter is building in the low flow areas. I added a 28 inch bubble wand on the back glass at the very bottom and this has helped with the surface film and water clairity, it bubbles from 11 pm to 4 am to get flow and O2 in the water, I think the film is from removing my glass covers and may be smoke and kitchen grease but more light is available without them. I still await my reactor via UPS but it should come today, a day late. I have everything ready for CO2 and built my first DIY bubble counter out of a 10 oz. Pepsi bottle today, but the CO2 will run 24/7 until I can afford a new regulator setup. I'm still going to hold off on a new pic until I get a little more progress with my plant growth, I need to hide that big ole green bubble wand.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome