The Planted Tank Forum banner

AB Radio-Vivarium set up for plants and frogs

9K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  Robert H 
#1 · (Edited)
After guest hosting on an internet radio show, I now have my own show:

On the first episode of the Aqua Botanic radio show, we will be talking about soil in the substrate. Guests are Glenn McCreedy, moderator of plantedtank.net, Chris Brown, (ukamikazu) and Betty Harris, (Dataguru)

Glenn will be talking about his experience with mineralized soil, Chris will be talking about his new soil substrate recipe, and Betty will be talking about the Walstad method.

The show is live and open to anyone to call in with questions or join the conversation. The shows are also recorded as podcasts.

The date is Jan. 28, saturday, 10 am pacific time, and every saturday after that at the same time

You are invited to listen or call in http://www.blogtalkradio.com/aquabotanic

Best regards,

Robert Hudson

#53 ·
I love Dutch tanks too! I don't know of anyone in the USA who is an expert on Dutch aquascaping, and having a guest from Europe on the show is difficult because of the time difference. Its a great idea though, and I wish I could find someone.

This last saturday I had David Lass on to talk about LED lighting.

#54 ·
July 8th, Aqua Botanic Radio Show- German Aquascaper, Jurijs Jutjajejvs, joins us live to talk about Amano's nature aquarium aquascaping in Germany! He is calling all the way from Germany just to talk to us! And yes you can call in to ask questions.

He is an accomplished and award winning aquascaper and teaches aquascaping. He is also the administrator at aquascapingworld.com

Join us.

Coming in August: Karen Randall

#55 ·
Claus Christensen

July 29th, Sunday, 10 am PST, Claus Christensen, former CEO of Tropica Plants of Denmark will be on the Aqua Botanic Radio Show LIVE to answer questions and talk about aquatic plant biotopes based on his world travels to remote aquarium plant habitats, and the new trend of selling tissue culture plants. This is a rare opportunity. Never been to the AGA convention to hear him speak? This is your chance to talk to him directly!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/aquabotanic/2012/07/29/aqua-botanic-radio-biotopes-claus-christensen

#58 ·
well we had surprises of the BAD kind...

We had some technical problems in the beginning, which I exasperated, blogtalkradios phone lines went down for the first ten or 15 minutes of the show, but once we got Claus on the line it was fine from then on. The show is up in the archives for anyone who wants to listen to it, with the first ten minutes edited out.

#59 · (Edited)
It was interesting to hear his observation about southern India. The entire densely populated southern part of the country didn't have a major impact on aquatic plant diversity because there were not a lot of waste dumped into the rivers. There were no factories or large industries dumping toxic waste into the rivers. I can see from the pictures in this link that the water in the rivers are clear, interesting plants like Fissidens, Eriocaulon and Microsorum grow well. https://plus.google.com/photos/1098...837052880254682778/albums/5733112161418649985

#68 ·
I got the date right this time...

Aqua Botanic Radio- Vivarium set up for plants and frogs

Sat, October 13, 2012 10:00AM PST

Our special guest is John Clare live from England who will discuss with us the set up of a vivarium enclosure for plants and frogs. John is a recognized expert of frogs and other amphibians, has written for Reptiles Magazine, and has a web site forum called frogforum.net. Call in live to ask John questions. Photos courtesey of www.frogforum.net

#69 · (Edited)
I have an artificial foam rock ledge that sticks to the glass of a frog enclosure with magnets. Looks very real. Free to anyone who wants it! I hope you will listen in to this show, it looks to be our biggest drawing show to date.

Here is a photo of one of the vivariums by John Clare, our guest speaker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.