The Planted Tank Forum banner

Crazy adventures trying to get a Fluval Ebi...

767 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Lisa816 
#1 ·
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, so I figured off topic would suffice...

I wanted to set up a small, pretty tank on a nightstand, so I decided on a Fluval Ebi (which would house plants and shrimp only) All the LFS stores I've called were out of stock, so I check on-line and placed an order...I had already arranged for a shipment of shrimp to be sent three weeks later (to give time for the tank to settle)

A few days later I receive an email that the tank is on backorder and should be shipped in a month. So that order was canceled...and another placed through a different website.

Same deal, all over again.

Sooo...I'm starting to panic a bit by now. I don't want the shrimp to come with no tank for them to live in! Last chance, I place an overnight order through Amazon. This will give the tank around 1 week before it's shrimpy inhabitants arrive.

The tank arrived today. Completely shattered :eek5:
I can't quite describe the level of panic there...

Luckily, customer service was wonderful and fully refunded my payment. I'm heading out tonight to pick up something, anything for these shrimp to live in.

The fun part is that I got to keep all the accessories that came with the Fluval Ebi tank! :proud:Score! I guess it's my reward for not killing anything in the various stages of panic!

Has anyone else ever had that sort of thing happen?

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha, now that I've calmed down, I'm very very happy about all the free product!

I've got quite a few of the walmart 10 gallons around, but they are too big for this nightstand >_< That stinky Ebi would be perfect... if I can ever get my hands on one!

I might try and set up something temporary for now!

#6 ·
Ooo, thanks! Through amazon it was $100.94 with prime next day shipping!

Now that I have all the shrimp stuff... I'm looking into the Fluval Flora model. I have pretty high ph out of the tap (around 7.8) and I've heard that co2 lowers the ph... with that I could possibly raise some CRS/CBS! That would be pretty neat :p

Plus I could add on the light I have now, to have two clip on lights! :eek:

Edit: Ok, I've read how awful the co2 system that it comes with is T__T So I'll scratch that plan and just try the ebi again! :p

#8 ·
I just got my Ebi from petsolutions.com. The price there was 84.95 and I used an online coupon code (ears10) to get an extra 10% off. Add something else to your order to make it $99 and get free shipping too. It ended up costing me 76.46 with free shipping after the online coupon. It came in in excellent condition in only 3 days.

By the way, mine came in with the background siliconed in 10 spots. All the pictures I have seen only had 5 spots of silicone. I guess Fluval got enough reports of the background popping off that they doubled the amount of silicone they were using to correct that problem. My RCS seem to love the background. There are always at least a few of them hopping along it's bumpy surface or hanging out there.

My only complaint is that I don't think they included enough of the Shrimp Stratum substrate. It's not very deep which makes it hard to plant in. I'm thinking about ordering another bag, but I hate to cloud it up again, trying to add more after it's already planted and stocked. Otherwise it's a great little tank. I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.