The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Scleromystax barbatus, Corydoras paleatus & Black C. Schultzei breeding tank ///
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad320 View Post
How big is your tank? Looks like a 20L but its hard to say from a pic. Did your water clear? Everyone settle in OK? It going to be a long wait but all of those long waits are worth it
I believe it's a 20L or a 30L. It was given to me so I'm not really sure. Everyone is settled in great. They are really active just like most cories but are maybe even a bit more so. They also shoal like crazy deffinantly mores than any Cory I have kept. I think the cloudy water is related to the fact that I have never cleaned the 2217 that's on this tank (the one I have that says it's from west Germany) and it's been a year or more. This 2217 doesn't have the disconnects so that's the deterrent that's been causing me to not clean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Nice! Just last week I was over at a friend's fishroom and he had some Scleromystax of some kind. They are pretty cool fish.

They are, I would recommend then to anyone with a fairly large tank so you could get 6 or more and because I have read that they can get up to 4".

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome