The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New Plants today (150 G) New Algae!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (27/100%)
Well it's been 5 days and everything is going well, I have added 2 new female Yellow Kribensis Pelvicachromis sacrimontis and between these and 3 Chained Loaches Botia sidthimunki I have to replant something almost every 8 hours, they also seem to like eating the Dwarf Hairgrass Eleocharis parvulus so I hope it will out grow their eating habits.

I replaced 4 x 65 watt 6,7k compact fluorecent bulbs and now the tank is bright enough to get by until more cash arrives. I also received all my ferts from and until I get the rest of my light bulbs and CO2 reactor I will be dosing the PPS Pro system because I don't want to over do it. I also received my new scale via eBay, it's a "DigiWeigh 100 Chrome" and weighs up to a 100 grams and is accurate to 0.01 grams and the price totaled $24.38 and it arrived in only 3 days. I have mixed up a bottle of PPS Pro mix and a bottle Plantex CSM+B and will let them disolve over night and dose in the morning.

I am posting this under the plant section because it mostly revolves around the plants and may be of some help to a newbie or myself, although this tank has been around a while some of the technics have changed and I have never tried these dosing technics and can't wait to see the out come.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome