Sorting itself out
In recent weeks the tank has really begun to mature. The ottos have been keeping the tank almost completely free of algae. I did notice bba beginning to grow on a few L. mauritiana leaves. So I removed those leaves and turned up the co2 a bit. Also the val nana is finally picking up it's pace and sending more runners out.
In the past week the male gourami decided which female he preferred. One of them was being chase around quite a bit, and disappeared one day. Also two otos died, but I always seem to lose one or two, and the rest live for years.
Here's an underexposed picture I took this evening. I need to trim the needle leaf java fern soon.