The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jahmic's 35 tall low-tech riparium
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
PTrader: (11/100%)
Got some great looking manzanita in the mail today...time to decide on a hardscape.

Here's the options I came up with so far...leaning towards either #1 or #3, but still haven't decided for sure. I have a couple days to play with this before planting the tank, so any suggestions (even outside of what I've come up with) are welcome. I may do some trimming once I decide on something for sure...but for now I just arranged the pieces around intact.

Anyway, I'm basically going for the look of stumps along a riverbank, with the roots going into the water. The bottom "third" of the tank will be filled, with the "stumps" above the waterline, surrounded by terrestrial plants.

2) - If I use this one, the branch on the far right that sticks out to the right/front of the tank would be cut off, moving the "structure" of the 2 pieces over to the right. If you can see the 2 branches running perpendicular to the branch that would be cut off...that would essentially be lined up close to the right side of the tank.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome