The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Darkcrisis' 55 gal community *now with CO2*
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Darkcrisis' 55 gal community *now with CO2*

This 55 gallon has been setup for about 2 years and was originally low tech. I got tired of slow growth and the limited plants I could keep alive. I recently added CO2 and the plants are starting to grow.

The layout is pretty random at the moment, but hopefully I can turn this into something a little more spectacular.

I am always open for suggestions.

Lighting: (2) 48" Coralife T5NO 112 watts total

Filtration: Rena XP3 + Koralia 1

Substrate: Eco Complete / Flourite Black mix

Paintball CO2 (green drop-checker)

Fertz: 1/4tsp KNO3 3x week
1/8tsp KO2PO4 3x week
1/8tsp SM+B 3x week

Fauna: 20 Cardinal Tetras, 10 Guppies, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Peacock Gudgeon, 3 Amano Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 1 Otocinclus

Flora: Taiwan Moss, Christmas Moss, Anubias Nana, Anubias barteri, Needle Leaf Hygro, Sunset Hygro, Tropica Crypt, Brown Crypt, Dwarf Harigrass.

I really like that piece of driftwood, but it looks a little out of place and lonely. I've been thinking about laying it down and adding some manzanita branches as well. I like the needle leaf hygro in the background, but it gets out of control quick with CO2. I am thinking of switching it out for jungle vals. What do you guys think?

Last edited by darkcrisis; 05-12-2011 at 05:28 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome