The Planted Tank Forum banner

10G Low-tech Tank: Protrusion

11K views 63 replies 16 participants last post by  sewingalot 
#1 ·
Yet another new scape for my trusty ten gallon tank. It took about twenty minutes to put it all together, and even though I would've liked a higher slope in the back-left (I'm currently out of Aqua Soil), I think the scape looks good. A black background will likely be added. Besides that, I think the scape is finished.

Fauna:
Nerites
RCS
Red Ramshorns

Flora:
Anubias nana petite
Fissidens fontanus
Mini micro sword
Needle Leaf Java Fern

Ferts:
Excel
Adjusted EI

Lighting:
2x 20w CFL spirals

Plant Layout:
The Fissidens is attached to plastic twisty ties to hold it in place. Once it grows in, the ties will be hidden. Anubias nana petite and Java Fern in the back, Fissidens in the crevices between the rocks (middle), and mini micro sword in the front. I still have a golfball of Fissidens leftover, as can be seen in the pictures.

Pictures - 12-28-10:
Water is cloudy, though I hope to clear the water by this weekend.

See less See more
#53 ·
Thanks. I sold some of the mini sword and the tank is now cloudy/hazy due to this. I may have to disassemble the scape to fix this issue as I'm guessing it is the AS.

#55 ·
Same as I do not have many scaping supplies so I just reuse what I have on hand. That is if I decide to try to fix the issue. Plants are growing fine so I don't mind all that much.

#59 ·
Already have floaters. Also tried UV. I think the AS just needs to be cleaned via siphoning but that cannot be done unless I tear the scape down.

#63 ·
I decided to tear it down. I'm not going to have time to do so in the near future so it was either now or wait at least five months.

I might just put my 7.5G cube in its place and decommission the 10G. I'll have to see what I can do scape-wise. If I do this, the biggest issue would be having to leave out a lot of my plants.

Wish me luck. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.