The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Captivate's 5.5g BTOE tank
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I ♥ BBA!
Originally Posted by Captivate05 View Post
Ah, somewhere between excited and nervous... I've been having some pretty serious issues with my hips this time. My pelvis completely separated at the pubic joint, which has made life... fun. There isn't anything that can be done about it, just one of those things I have to deal with until the baby is born. But other than that, everything is ok and technically she can come any day now. We're down to the waiting game, and I'm still desperately trying to get my apartment in order for the new addition. I'm pretty nervous about how this will shake up my little world, how my daughter will react to her sister, and how we're going to make this work. Just because everything looks just fine on paper doesn't mean that it will work out in real life. We'll do whatever it takes to make it work, but facing a substantial life-altering event is still nerve wracking.

I hope the tigers will hatch. She's still fully berried today, and she's packing quite a few eggs. Before I moved, I had babies, but due to some neglect from the move, they died

I would take pictures, but their tank is now under my ten gallon, and it's just too hard to get down that low and get back up again.
Eh, berried mama lost most of her eggs.

My guess is it has something to do with the water. I'll be using RO from now on, reconstituted with Fluval's shrimp mineral thingy and a little Epsom salt. The directions on the package are a total FAIL, but after some experimentation I managed to figure it out.
So, the first berried female is still clinging on to a few of her eggs, and two more females are now berried. A very dark female who has an average amount of eggs, and the lavender colored female whose packing so many she can't even walk right. She has to lift her abdomen up and walk with this weird waddle. I told her I feel her pain

At this point, I'm still not sure if I should be hopeful or not. They are berrying, and doing a good job of that, but they never seem to hang on to their eggs. I guess at this point I've done what I can. I think their tank is pretty, and they are very pretty, so I'm not going to get rid of them. If they produce, they produce. If not, oh well. I have more important things to worry about right now. As long as their water is clean, they are fed, and they look happy, that's all I care about.
Ouch. Best of luck to you. I hate to hear that you've had so much trouble this time around with the pregnancy. Your daughter will adjust probably quicker than you think. I loved having siblings. It wouldn't be the same without a couple older brothers to pester me. Make sure to share pictures as soon as the baby is born and you are feeling better.

That stinks about the first shrimp loosing the berries, but maybe the second one will have some shrimplets soon. My yellow shrimp dropped their eggs a few times and then there were tons of them. I say you'll have so many babies soon you'll get tired of changing those little diapers.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome