The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 75G Modified Iwagumi Photo Log (Photo Heavy)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Buff Daddy
Planted Tank Obsessed
PTrader: (18/100%)
75G Modified Iwagumi Photo Log (Photo Heavy)

This is the 75G that the Mrs. gave me for Christmas. I had been researching layout types for a couple of months and decided to immerse myself in the philosophical concepts of this oriental garden style. With a twist or two...

Approximately 30 pounds of Hartz pH5 cat litter- Pure baked clay with no additives.

First layer of pool filter sand, capping the clay... Amorphous to say the least.

Second sand cap... one more to go. The actual layout is back: a "bowl" with opposing hills and a foreground entrance to the bowl.

I chose to boil the rocks, as they are NW Georgia fieldstone... sandstone (silica) based chert, straight from the ground.

Full front presentation as I drew it out. Four feet by 1.5 feet is an intimidating area to compose with limited hardscape. There are 11 stones present, but only 9 can be seen in this orientation.

From the left... only 9 stones can be seen here.

From the right side... I ultimately changed a couple of the angles, but this is the final placement.

Waiting on plants to arrive...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome