The Planted Tank Forum banner

New RAOK rule suggestion....

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  quiquik 
#1 ·
Not trying to offend anyone here, but I would like to make a suggestion.

Most contests have a skill testing question....
I like to think that the skill testing question for any RAOK should be the ability to copy and paste without screwing up the list.

So my suggestion is as follows: anyone participating in a RAOK who screws up the list is removed from that RAOK.

I find it tedious to have to go back in and routinely check if I'm still on the list.

#8 ·
You've got a tank, you've got plants. Do it! :)

There have been RAOKs for veterans, RAOKs for newbs, RAOKs for graphic artists, RAOKs for jokesters, RAOKs for photographers ...pretty sure I've seen trivia, too, but my memory plays tricks on me sometimes.

I really enjoy RAOKs, and this issue of getting lost in the shuffle honestly doesn't happen all that often, as in most lists plenty of people monitor. It's just when it gets really big that names get dropped off, and stay off. But it's never fun when that happens, though I'm not sure much can be done about it except to stay vigilant if you enter.

#11 ·
I was just thinking about this the other day of how to make a raok more challenging, some kind of trivia or what ever but, whats to stop a person from googling the answer. As for people messing up the list I agree with kevmo in that if it is important to you then keep an eye on it, and I'm sure many people do. I did one not to long ago and I feel that if I'm the one doing the raok then it is my position to monitor it and make any corrections if needed. If I'm going to give a gift to someone I will do what ever to make sure they get the gift, and in a raok that would be everyone who is on the list and then finally the one who is picked. Just my opinion.

#13 ·
I suggested a solution in the most recent large RAOK, and I'll say it again. If you're posting a RAOK that involves a random selection of interested parties, just have people post. Forget the list. Every post has a unique number (for example - my post here is #13). Then there's no list to screw up. If the random number generator selects a number of someone that isn't participating but just wanted to say thanks for doing a great RAOK, the OP should just select another number.

#15 ·
It's a cool idea. No one likes to clean up the list... But, that would always be something at the discretion of the person doing the give a way. Problem there is that most folks that are kind enough to give stuff away are going to be too nice to include this idea into the rules of the raok. I for one like the idea and am willing to oust people because they can't copy and paste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.