The Planted Tank Forum banner

ripleys aquarium myrtle beach

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Crystalview 
#1 ·
Went to ripleys aquarium in myrtle beach sc last week and wanted to share some pics. they have this walkway through the bottom of this monster tank so the fish are about 1 foot through the glass from you.
feels like your in a saltwater tank. they have alot of tanks to lol.

these guys are about 10-12 foot long

i took about 160 pics lol

See less See more
#10 ·
Yup, they're Sand Tigers.

I've never been to that Ripley's Aquarium, but have been to the one in Gatlinburg, TN. Nice place, not the greatest. Their reef fish display was rather sad. Almost all their tangs had HLLE, fin rot, underweight, horrible colors, etc. I asked the employee (supposedly an "expert keeper" as per his name tag). He said that is how they are supposed to look.

Seeing as I've worked for, with, and owned a fish business (online).....I'm PRETTY SURE they are not supposed to look like that. But what the hell do I know? I'm not an "expert keeper". But I still keep going. Their actual reef display was relatively nice. It was a 100 something gallon bow front.

#11 ·
Thanks for the pics To me all aquariums have something neat. I am going throught aquarium withdrawl. I am was in SF last week and did not get to see the new Steinhardt. I also want to go see Montery. I love Jelly fish.

#13 ·
Moody was pretty cool when I was there 10yrs ago. There was freak cool spell and it was wonderful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.