Please join us for March meeting. NJAS is one of the best clubs on East Coast. Home to ACA 2001 with very knowledgable members and top breeders.
If you have any questions, email me email@example.com
March 18, 2004: Ivan Dibble
"The Goodeids of Mexico:The Endangered Family
"Ivan has kept fish since the age of five, starting with a Stickleback in a jam jar, and ending up specializing in Livebearers. After years of breeding and showing his fish, in 1995 Ivan decided to take a new direction with his hobby and began formulating a plan for the restoration of the Rio Teuchitlan in Mexico. Mexico is home to a diverse and fascinating freshwater fish fauna, with many species found nowhere else on earth. Fish Ark Mexico (or Hobbyists Aqua Lab Conservation Project) is a project dedicated to saving Mexico's unique freshwater fishes, and to prevent further extinction of the fish fauna."
Fish / Plants available at March monthly auction
- 6 Longfin Ancistrus
- 7 Placidochromis sp. "Electra Superior"
- 6 Pundamilia igneopinnis AKA "Black and Orange nyererie"
- 6 Skiffia multipunctata - fry
- Chapalichthys pardalis - pair
- Xenotoca eiseni - fry
- Xenotoca eiseni - pair
- Xiphophorus variatus (wild strain)
- Xiphophorus xiphidium
- Xiphophorus couchianus (Monterrey platy)
- Phallichthys amates (merry widow)
- 6 Koi Angels - fry (Nickel size +)
- 6 Julidochromis Marlieri - fry (@ 1/2 ")
- Albino "eureka" peacocks
- Julidochromis ornatus
- Pseudotropheus demasoni
- var. guppies
- 6 Pseudotropheus sp. "polit" - fry
- 6 Lemon Jake - fry
- 6 Julidochromis ornatus - fry
and many other africans from Lakes Malawi/Tanganyika/Victoria
- Anubias barteri "barteri"
- Anubias congensis
- Echinodorus osiris
- Cryptocoryne balansae
- Cryptocoryne walkeri v. lutea
- Cryptocoryne wendtii
- Microsorium pteropus (Java fern)
- Vesicularia dubyana (Java moss)
- Hygrophilia polysperma
- Myriophyllum matagrossense
- Rotala rotundifolia (old Rotala indica)
- Anubias barteri "nana"
- Alternanthera reineckii
- Hydrocotyle leucocephela
- Vallisneria "italian"
- Ludwigia repens v. arcuata
- Eusteralis stellata