Here's a whale tail that I got done over the weekend. I've never gotten colors like this out of black walnut before, but some of that is due to the light. Still very lovely though, and very nice to the touch. Oh, and I did another ring.
Here's two new things. First up is a commissioned double ouroboros ring in rhododendron, which turned out fantastic. The second is a bit of pyrography practice on some scrap wood. Turns out Mr Iron Man is really popular around here, so I'll be selling it once I get it framed. It's the most extensive pyrography project I've done, and I think it turned out ok. First time burning a human, first time doing a face, and first time really trying to work on textures...kinda failed at that bit though. Oh well, it's Iron Man.