The Planted Tank Forum banner

NFL Fans Arise !!!!!

9K views 137 replies 37 participants last post by  Canoe2Can 
#1 ·

Get your gear on fella's... its Showtime ! :D

The Best Record in Football with a win streak that includes 7 wins over teams with winning records and still they get no respect ! This is starting to sound familiar... SUPER BOWL BOUND ! :twisted: I Hope

See less See more
#65 ·
Wow, what a game!!!!!! Great edge of the seat game!
GO GIANTS!!!!!

As a football fan I would have liked to see Brady, and Favre, but as a Giants fan I couldn't be happier. :)
Eli really impressed me last night.

BTW, it looked to me like Tom Coughlin got frostbite last night.

#73 ·
even many Giants fans hope they do,
Are you kidding me? Are you absolutely kidding me???

A Giant fan hoping the Patriots are going to beat them and win the championship game? Are you joking? No way any fan of any team is ever going to hope an opponent beats them in a championship game....ever!

Losing to a team who could potentially pull of something historical in the context of sports like this might be easier for some, but no way a real, true fan will hope the other team beats them.

Anyone who takes an additude like that is in no way a fan.

Hey Buck, do you hope the Giants beat the Pats??

How ridiculous!

#75 ·
Super Sunday Baby !

I cant wait to see the game tonight. It will be refreshing to watch the Pats actually play 4 quarters of football for a change instead of just the last 2 to make it look like a good game ! :hihi:

If you all do a little research you may find the uncanny timing between the whining about the Pats "running up the scores" to all of a sudden being in "tight games" where the opponent is running up and down the field at will in the first half and keeping it close. Ive never seen such soft defense played by the Pats as I have in the last 5 or 6 games.
Is it coincidence that the game changes after half time when its close and the opponents seem to sputter ? hmmm

I really am glad that the Giants are in this game because i know a lot more Giants fans then Packer backers and they also deserve another shot at us but this time Belichek aint gonna wait to hit the half time switch.
There will be pressure on Ely from the first snap of the game to the last snap and the Pats are going to put an exclamation point on this one for the History Books !
Forget that other game, that was a scrimmage.
The little Manning "in training" is gonna see what his big brother has seen in the big games over the years.
BTW, Is Ely old enough to sweat yet ? :flick:

My prediction...
Patriots Wes Welker will get Super Bowl MVP
Pats 35... Giants 16

#78 ·
The first half is going to be defense with some 3 pointers. The the G men are going to get tired from being on the field so much. Pat's D is going to get to Eli. Then he will hear footsteps and rush his passes. Second half the Pats will be able to run the ball and have the field position. Third and one G men with 8 men in the box, play action pass 60 40 yd touchdown Pats. Pats by 2 count them 2 touchdowns Pats 28 Giants 13. I watched the Dolphins do and want to see it again. Once the Pats win the super bowl then it all up to the Boston round ball and hoops guys. That would be a first three titles for one State.

#80 ·
I have a sinking feeling that the Patriots are going to win, but I really hope the Giants do. I don't like the Giants either, but I'm tired of watching the Patriots win Super Bowls. And being a die-hard Steelers (aka, Stillers) fan, I'm still a bit sore that the Patriots knocked them out of the AFC championship twice in recent history.

I guess to be honest, there were probably plenty of fans of other teams that got tired of watching the Steelers win Super Bowls in the 70s.

#83 ·
Go Pats! Let the dynasty reign! Brady is the best quarterback of all time

YEp..the Celtics time has come again. Then next year the Bruins gotta do it.
I disagree. MAYBE on of the best. But not THE best..
no montana is
Thats MR Montana! And yes that is what I was thinking as well. However, he should have retired from the Niners instead of looking the fool. :(

I was born and raised in the SF Bay area, I have loved the Niners for as long as I can remember.. I used to sit in the rain and watch them lose all the time prior to the 80's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.