PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Angry PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3...

I just found out that Sony announced that they are going to release the PS4 during the "Holiday Time" which is probably during Nov. Normally, I would super excited... but I JUST GOT A PS3 on Sunday. I'm pretty mad they did this. I only hope I can get the sensor that will work for PS3, for 100$. :/
Are any of you PS3 users excited? I'm not. :/

- Brian
That one guy that is always online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 AM
Planted Member

PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3...

From what I have read so far, I'm not particularly impressed. I mean it has a lot of oomph as far as RAM and such, but not being back compatible to PS3 games seems to be a big omission. Also the social integration and other new features do not amount to much in my perspective. I primarily use my PS3 to stream movies and play Blu rays, and it does it very well.

I would not have buyers remorse if I were you. But I also do not have it for the games, games are low on the list for me.
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Wannabe Guru

It's been out for 3.5 years so I'm not surprised ! Just think how cheap your games will soon be whilst the ps4 games will be $65-$75 a game ;-)

“We didn’t underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought.” -Bobby Robson

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I totally agree, but I would regret buying it if the rumors of having the sensor for the PS4 true. It's like the Kinect for the PS4. If it was compatible with the PS3, no worries.
The rest I think is just "advertising". I'm pretty "stunned" that they did this. lol

- Brian
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

It'd return it haha.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Xbox 720 is just around the corner too and looks no more impressive. Supposed to have a BR player as well but won't play 360 games I think I read. Also something about using technology that will prevent being able to use pre-owned games which is just stupid.

EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Long-time Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to karce87
I think I will still enjoy the heck out of my PS3. There are so many good games that I still need to play. Also, I would definitely wait until the ps4 gets cheaper, which is probably a year later or so. So there is nothing wrong with enjoying your new ps3.
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Xbox 720? LOLOLOLOLOL. That sounds so funny. I just found out that they "predict" it will come out from Novemeber-December this year. That's a LONGGGGG time.

- Brian
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah, they are saying they will be out for Christmas. Official announcement maybe in March? Of course in the time between the announcement and release, there could be some changes or not everything will be relieved. I think that the not being backwards compatible might hurt both systems and not being able to play pre-owned games is just insane.

EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinection View Post
Xbox 720? LOLOLOLOLOL. That sounds so funny. I just found out that they "predict" it will come out from Novemeber-December this year. That's a LONGGGGG time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Yeah, they are saying they will be out for Christmas. Official announcement maybe in March? Of course in the time between the announcement and release, there could be some changes or not everything will be relieved. I think that the not being backwards compatible might hurt both systems and not being able to play pre-owned games is just insane.
Microsoft is always very secretive about any details on anything they produce to the point of annoyance. you can ask them "does it connect to a t.v." and the only response you would get is "we cannot comment on that at this time"

I would predict once more of the details pertaining to "windows blue" comes out things might start leaking. Windows blue is the next big update to the windows platform which includes windows 8, windows phone 8 (since they share the same kernel now) and Xbox. I think Microsoft is finally coming out of its slumber, but time will tell. (by the by, I ditched my Iphone for a lumia 920, man windows phone 8 is a smooth operating system.)
post #11 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The way i see it.... PS3, is still at the top of its Game. The simple fact that we Cant play PS3 ON this PS4 is a bunch of monkey crap!!!!!

The best thing about the first PS3, we could play our PS n PS2 games!!!!!

I think just just want our money......

Instead of buying a PS4 , Get a 150 Tank n plant the hell outta it!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3...

I don't know why you guys are upset about this! It's been 7 years since the PS3 got released. I'm excited for this! I'm definitely going to buy one. I got a PS3 when it first came out too. Yep I'm a Sony fan boy
post #13 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Posted this in the morning people thought I was lying

post #14 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman19az View Post
I don't know why you guys are upset about this! It's been 7 years since the PS3 got released. I'm excited for this! I'm definitely going to buy one. I got a PS3 when it first came out too. Yep I'm a Sony fan boy

The only way i'll Buy a PS4 if there's a huge differences in the grapics n gameplay..

it has been 7yrs, but 7 great years!!!
post #15 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

unless there is real technological advancement rather than just keeping up with the jones', i see no reason to buy one
i want to see inovation, not just more processing power. so far im not thrilled by either operating system
social networking on a game console is irrelevant. that's deffinitely not groundbreaking nor innovative, nor will it help me play games better, or have more fun doing so

great so now we can "share" our new high school in COD, or halo, or minecraft

i can see facebook status's now. all the little brats telling the whole world how awesome they are

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode