PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3... - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Well, the issue will be that in time, there will be no new PS3 or 360 games, so it's either be happy with old games or upgrade. They kinda get ya by the short hairs with that one.

EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3...

F that. I won't buy one. I had a ps3 for a month it was crap.....so I traded it for a back up Xbox.
post #18 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Well, the problem comes with the fact that its getting way to costly to keep up with gaming these days. If I was younger and not in college, then perhaps I would convince my parents to buy me a PS4. But, between college and life things, and then this hobby and other animal related hobbies....not to mention I've been wanting a soprano trombone......
and that as a Nintendo fan, I'd probably eventually be getting a WiiU so that I could play the new games from series I've grown up with....and that heck, I'd eventually get a 3DS (probably before a WiiU or a PS4 I might add).......it all gets wayyyyyyyyy to expensive.

I have a PS3....and there are a ton of games on it that I've wanted to play but haven't had the time to play. Tbh, I think they should have waited another year on the PS4, simply because they can.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:http://tinyurl.com/n7zp47m
My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:http://tinyurl.com/qyf7s5o
My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:http://tinyurl.com/p54uupj
Mom's Spec V:http://tinyurl.com/qjt3rw2
post #19 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Algae Grower

personally i'd wait a year for them to work out the bugs. seems like all consoles have them ,in some way (xbox 360 red rings of death?). plus the year mark is usually the first price drop.
post #20 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I fix consoles for a living and the PS3's and 360's both fail, a lot. I hate new console time because new consoles are covered under warranty so I don't get to fix them and no one wants to pay the $80 to fix a PS3 bluray laser when the system is outdated and people are dumping them cheap online.

Time to setup my new shrimp rack soon to get me through the year lull until the new systems start to break and then are out of warranty.

I imagine the new Xbox will be along the same social gaming/do everything box that the PS4 is going for, which I hate. I don't care to share gameplay or post scores to facebook (I hate facebook too) or anything else. Part of the reason I'm a PC gamer, have been since Doom 1 and always will be. I can't get used to FPS games on a controller, give me a keyboard/mouse anytime.

20g platy, , 2 x 10g shrimp, 3 x 20g shrimp, 7.5g shrimp and 1 great dane/mastiff puppy.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
post #21 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatfish View Post
posted this in the morning people thought i was lying

lol
post #22 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

don't worry, you won't be able to afford a PS4 during the holiday season anyway. when the ps3 came out they were going for thousands on [Ebay Link Removed]
post #23 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

post #24 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

It's not worth getting yet IMO. None of the games shown are worth getting unless you like rehashes or Diablo 3. The forced social media integration is also a buzzkill. There's also no disc-based backwards compatibility. You're better off waiting a year or so after the console comes out. If you are too impatient to wait that long, wait until E3 to make your decision on getting any of the next gen consoles.

RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
post #25 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

I got over game since ps2 came out.
All the best game was in ps. Ps2, ps3 game are all junk.
I like rpg game and so far there isn't any good one out for ps3.
Ps4 isn't worth it, the game for ps4 going to be junk as well. Only reason why i got the ps3 is because, a blu ray player cost just as much as the ps3.
post #26 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Planted Member

Re: PS4 is coming out when I just got a PS3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by In.a.Box View Post
Ps4 isn't worth it, the game for ps4 going to be junk as well. Only reason why i got the ps3 is because, a blu ray player cost just as much as the ps3.
Thats a crock. Samsung blue ray are $100 while ps3 @ 7 years old are still $300

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
post #27 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
Thats a crock. Samsung blue ray are $100 while ps3 @ 7 years old are still $300

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
And $80-$100 to replace a PS3 laser when it gets worn out from playing peoples scratched up dvd's and bluray movies add's up. that's what I tell people who kill their PS3 lasers watching old DVD movies or blurays on it, go spend $100 on a bluray and save your ps3 or go spend $20 on a dvd player at walmart. you can burn through 5 of them in the cost it costs for a new laser.

The PS3 laser has 2 diodes, a bluray and a dvd one. Usually only 1 dies, so it will dvd or bluray, but not the other.

20g platy, , 2 x 10g shrimp, 3 x 20g shrimp, 7.5g shrimp and 1 great dane/mastiff puppy.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
post #28 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Fish View Post
There's also no disc-based backwards compatibility.
if i remember correctly there was only one early US model of the PS3 that is backwards compatible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps3#Model_comparison. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that the PS4 wouldn't support it either.

That being said, I don't think people will be ditching their PS3 the moment they pick up a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by In.a.Box View Post
I think video games have gone the way of hollywood movies. that being said, ps3 games are not all junk. there are plenty of gems. I'm more of a PC person myself. the ps3 acts as HTPC more than anything else to connect to my media server.
post #29 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinection View Post
I just found out that Sony announced that they are going to release the PS4 during the "Holiday Time" which is probably during Nov. Normally, I would super excited... but I JUST GOT A PS3 on Sunday. I'm pretty mad they did this. I only hope I can get the sensor that will work for PS3, for 100$. :/
Are any of you PS3 users excited? I'm not. :/
No worries. Your PS3 will break after about 9 months anyway and you'll need a new console.
post #30 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

I think I'm old, but I tend to wait until a console has a good number of games to buy it. These days, I play my handhelds and use my PC for other games. I also find that waiting awhile means I know what bugs and flaws are in a game or system. Unless it's one of my Top 10 Super Must Have OMG FANGIRL game series, then - yeah, I can wait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode