The Planted Tank Forum banner

I have a chronic disease

3K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  allegoriest 
#1 ·
I don't know how to tell you guys, but it seems I have a chronic disease.

It is called MTS or multi tank syndrome. I have 2 tanks and 1 pond now, but I want more.. furthermore there is 1 empty tank lying around....

:help::help::help:

#2 ·
You don't have MTS until you have 20+ tanks.

#3 ·
If you have an empty tank just lying around, rest easy - you don't have a full-blown case of MTS. If you did, the tank would be in use - even if it was just sitting on the floor with a bare-bones emersed setup in it. Not that I would know anything about that.

#30 ·
You don't have MTS until you're keeping tanks actively on both sides of the country...

-Andrew
You must have very long forcepts.

so whats the consensus on MTS, 5 or more tanks? 10? How about already planning a new build when the one you've been working on for 3 months still doesn't have water in it? Is that MTS lol?
As I understand it, "MTS" stands for "Multi-Tank Syndrome," so, technically, anyone with more than one tank has MTS. The only thing left to determine is how bad of a case you have: mild (2-5 tanks), moderate (6-20 tanks), severe (20+), or bread-winning (you make enough money off your tanks to not only cover them, but also at least one of your monthly bills).

The limiting factors for my MTS are a lack of money and option overload- there are so many ways to set up my tanks, I can't decide what I want to do, so I keep changing my mind and never actually finish setting any of them up.

Still, I have a decent tank list:
55g- Emersed plants
25g- ~12 plant species, tons of trumpet snails and ramshorns
10g- Quarantine tank; several guppies
10g- Tons of guppies
10g- Tons of java moss, PFRs, and pink ramshorns
10g- Tons of guppy grass and guppies; various snails
Large Kritter Keeper (3g)- Holding tank; some snails and plants
2.5g- Dwarf hairgrass, no fish
2.5g Minibow- Plastic plants, no fish

#9 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Cassandra. And I have mutli-tank syndrome.

All kidding aside. Consider having tanks that don't just hold fish! :flick:

25 Gallon Planted
10 Gallon Planted
1 Gallon Planted Bowl
5 Gallon QT/Hospital Tank
55 Gallon Oscar Tank (LOOKING TO UPGRADE!! HAHAHA)

2-Corn Snake Tanks
2-Bearded Dragon Tanks
1-Water Dragon Tank
1-Tiger Salamander Tank
1-Tiny House Gecko Tank
1-Hamster Tank
1-Hermit Crab Tank

FORGOT TO MENTION! I have 4 Male Bettas and each have there own tank!

#27 ·
GASP You have a tiger salamander too~ Apparently we are the only living souls who have one salamander. (I hear that's another disease.)

I've reached a point where I have no more resources for tanks, so now I'm doing nanos. And container ponds. ...Which is guess is like, a nano pond. I have a subdisease which gives me pretty much the miniature form. DO YOU REALISE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I GET INTO DIRT BOWLS?!??! (Madness, it will be madness.)

It also makes me all pssssh, that's not a nano. The disease makes your mind magnify things. A 10 gallon isn't a nano, that's HUGE. HUGE I SAY.

Then with my ridiculous multi tank parvus syndrome (I guess you have MT vulgaris syndrome?) I keep having babies in ridiculously small spaces.Then the babies end up needing homes... oh the water changes.......

#10 ·
None of you have full blown MTS. Your more like wannabes. I've got 4 tanks in the house. A 35 gallon pond in the yard, a 29 on the porch and 25 more tanks ready to go as soon as I finish the 14 x 20 building full finished with a/c, internet, phone, water, all insulated and rocked.

Tanks that don't hold fish don't count btw.

#16 ·
How about? When I had 22 bettas, all of them had individual tanks? Does that count? :hihi:

#13 ·
Lol, u guys are posers, I have 5 tanks in the living room, don't even want to tell whats going on in the garage....

#18 ·
Where is Msjinkzd? I think she has like 60+ tanks.

I have a friend who owns 100+ tanks with 50% of them 200g+ :icon_surp

#21 ·
I think this thread warrents a: "you know your a tankling when..." or ''you know when you have collectoritis when..." thread.

#22 ·
At my peak (or rock bottom depending on who you talk to) I had 180, 3*125, 2*90, 5*75 stock tanks, 2*75, 6*55, 14*40br, 7*29, 18*20L, 5*10, and around 100 1 gallon glass pickle jars (for bettas), I would like to thank the breeder that went belly up that sold me half of those for my current house full of empty tanks LOL

#23 ·
Yeah BigZ my 12 22 gallon breeders came from a fish farm that shut down. He's got 100 or so left at $4 each. I just don't have $400 to spare.

In 1980 I had 20 tanks in a one bedroom apt.

#31 ·
I can't believe that this is what I have to look froward to. I bought 4 tanks during the latest PETCO sale and can't wait for the next sale. By significant other says that I'm going to need an intervention soon or else I'll be all alone with just my fish and shrimps.

Please help!!

#32 ·
I can't believe that this is what I have to look froward to. I bought 4 tanks during the latest PETCO sale and can't wait for the next sale. By significant other says that I'm going to need an intervention soon or else I'll be all alone with just my fish and shrimps.

Please help!!
And the downside is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.