The Planted Tank Forum banner

Haha I get to get a new tank!!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  carpediem360 
#1 ·
My fiance took a trip with me to get some fish for her tank...a 29G "some of everything :roll: " tank...Well while we were looking at the saltwater fish, she saw a cowfish :shock: ...and wanted to buy it on the spot lol. I told her it would eat my amenones and inverts and that it wouldnt fit in. Well she told me I could get another tank so she could have one. So it looks like another saltwater tank!!! Gonna go big this time, has to go in the basement though. I don't trust our 100 yr old floors lol (why I went with 55g's for the upstairs) :hehe: .

BTW does anyone else have saltwater?

#2 ·
i don't have marine, but i'm in the process of planning a 30 gallon seahorse tank. i've wanted to keep those for so long, i'm deternined to finally get my tank.

that's great that you get a new fish. i did that with discus and got a new 90 gallon! fish are addictive, even for those that don't keep them!

#4 ·
I agree with ya on that one...old homes to me seem more sturdy, but I don't want to chance a 100+ gallon tank falling through the floor...yikes I'd never be able to have a fish tank in the house again. :shock: :lol:

#9 ·
Ya I must forgot my brain that day. :lol: I should've seen it coming, but the kitten isnt that bad...as long as it stays out of my tanks!!!!

#11 ·
haha they are deep enough... :lol: Yuck though,I didn't mind the kitten it looks ok, but then I saw what the thing will look like as a cat. It's a cream point siamese....UGLY!!!! :drool: :aah:

#13 ·
Pooks73
Planted Member

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't have marine, but i'm in the process of planning a 30 gallon seahorse tank ...

Seahorses are hard to take care of since they don't really have a stomach. They do eat brine shrimp, but that's not a healthy meal to survive on. you'll most likely have to culture your own food. Just make sure you get tank-raised ones and they should do fine on zooplankton and mysis shrimp.(frozen or cultured).

#14 ·
What I did in an old house that the supports were 24" apart instead of 16" I took a 3/4" piece of plywood ran 2 by 4s in both directions on it for support. I then put a 1/2" industrial rubber mat on top and used 4 floor jacks one on each corner I then cranked that bad boy up until it was snug with the floor and never had a problem. The mat is for any inconsistancies in the floor joists. This will pretty much support any tank.

#15 ·
You know my house is pretty old too. I don't think it 100 yrs yet. I put my 125 upstairs. One thing I did was put some adjustable support beams downstairs and it works great! I mean I don't have a big hole in my floor yet!!! I think the beams cost me $20 a pop! Not to bad. The hard part was getting the girlfriend to let my get something that big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.