The Planted Tank Forum banner

What are your other hobbies?

28K views 267 replies 147 participants last post by  Spiderguy 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm interested what other hobbies my fellow crazy planted tankers enjoy, so figured I'd start with my other money sucking addiction - racing RC cars/trucks. I truly have a problem with this one, I currently own 14 cars. :eek5: :help: 9 are used only for racing, 4 are vintage from my childhood that I've had for over 22 years, and one is a serious rock crawler with 4 wheel steering. I also have 2 helicopters, a plane, and a fan boat. I could fill my basement with tanks for the cost of these things, but god is it fun! Some pics of a couple of my cars in action!

Here are the tracks I frequent the most:
www.dirtrunners.com
www.barnstormersrc.com
www.station2racewaypark.com
www.critterraceway.com

So, what else are you TPT folks into?

See less See more
#160 ·
I love all the other hobbies people have, while plants (yes plants not aquariums, just check out my threads) are my biggest hobby I'm also a fan of model railroading (garden railroads in particular) and traveling. I'm indulging my traveling bug in a couple days with a long trip to Thailand (I just found out yesterday I'm going to leave a week early so two full weeks now). I love traveling and taking pictures I also plan on do some diving and hiking while I'm there (two other Hobbies I have) man I could probably go on forever with the hobbies that I've done or still do, lol...

#163 ·
GxneFishing I love that kayak. Tell us about it please.

#167 ·
#169 ·
Dead thread, ARISE! Just wanted to say that i'm still hopelessly addicted to my hobbies. Up to four tanks, really no room for any more. I added another 4 vehicles to my ever expanding fleet, and my wallet continues to wonder why I abuse it so. Oh, and i'm starting to get back into mountain biking, though I don't go as much as I'd like to.

#173 ·
Hello! Is that the engine they used to put in the supra? Full carbon fiber interior, sweet, I love carbon fiber. Here's my 1:1 car: http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0909_2007_mazda_speed6/viewall.html
My buddy wrote the article, and I got free mods. :D:cool: She looks a little different now, carbon fiber grill, some blacked out LED tail lights, new shoes, and a dent in the rear fender. :(
I can't really call it a hobby though cuz I don't do the work on it. Well, I don't do the real work, just the cosmetic stuff.

#180 ·
I have a 4x4 stampede too. I turned it into a truggy and was racing it until the class died. I'm running a castle sidewinder sct esc with the 4 pole 3800kv motor and it rips! I just got a 1/10 summit and i'm having a blast with it, you just can't stop it. I really have way too many rc's, but I just can't stop.

#186 ·
photography, gardening, fire fighting, SCUBA diving, Geocaching, and sleeping.[/QUOTE]
I've been wanting to try geocaching for quite a while. I guess it's like anything else, you just have to get up and do it.
Now, if I could find a way to combine geocaching with fly fishing for stripers..

#189 ·
I use to race nitro r/c trucks xxx-nt sold did that for 4 years sold out when got board of that. I have 3 crf50 pitbike i built up and race around with friends never raced offical (YET). But main hobbies Kayaking camping snowboarding mnt. biking and just started in skydiving did my first tandam jump at 10k feet two weeks ago and going back in a week to do my first solo at 3k feet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.