The Planted Tank Forum banner

Opinions on BioCube 29 HQI for reef tank

656 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  im2smart4u 
#1 ·
I'm planning to do a reef tank later this year. I think I'd like to get an Oceanic BioCube 29 with the HQI lamp. Does anyone have experience with these tanks in a reef set up? What's good? What's not so good? Does it provide a good refugium space? I have checked several local stores and haven't found one of these that I could actually see up and running, so any firsthand experience would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Try searching on the reef forums. I have an empty 29 gallon biocube sitting in my closet that I want to turn into a reef. Mine has the regular lighting, but you can upgrade the stock lighting by buying a kit from nanotuners.com

I have been researching this for about 6 months now. I have found a lot of people online on the reef sites that use the biocube. I have seen lots of pictures of nice nano reefs, you just have to search around. I hope to finally set mine up sometime this spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.