The Planted Tank Forum banner

more computer pics...

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  GDominy 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Very slick site GDominy, I like it. The black and white effect works well. It looks like your servers are like mine - boxes built from the spare parts inherited from the good machines after hardware upgrades :) They do the job though.

#8 ·
The x800 Pro is a sweet card. I haven't gone PCI-X yet, but my next mobo will definitely have it. I'm a huge fan of ATI video cards, especially their All-in-Wonder line. I've got several now and don't even own a TV anymore. I just line-in the video feed and watch it in overlay mode on my monitor while I'm working or - coming soon - a Dell MP3300 projector and a Day-Lite drop down screen in my living room. Nothing like HDTV on a 120" screen :)

#12 ·
travis said:
The x800 Pro is a sweet card. I haven't gone PCI-X yet, but my next mobo will definitely have it. I'm a huge fan of ATI video cards, especially their All-in-Wonder line. I've got several now and don't even own a TV anymore. I just line-in the video feed and watch it in overlay mode on my monitor while I'm working or - coming soon - a Dell MP3300 projector and a Day-Lite drop down screen in my living room. Nothing like HDTV on a 120" screen :)
Prefer ATI cards myself. Haven't gone w/any of the AIW cards before, but have been thinking about it for some of their capturing capabilities (currently using a Dazzle...cheap, but effective).

Not too much into gaming these days, so haven't bothered w/upgrading my rig. Only thing that I've found confining about it has been lack of storage space. It's amazing how quickly 240GB gets used up. :tongue:

BTW, nice setup there GD. :proud:

#14 ·
Dang, nice...I'm good for space for now, even though it's limited. I just burn it straight to DVD when it's low. :) Just kind of interesting to see the message pop up when you're in the middle of a project informing you that you're out of space.

#15 ·
GDominy, try running Smoothwall on one of your older ( even as slow as a Pentium 1 class) machines. Smoothwall is a great, free router OS (it's a stand-alone version of Linux) which is VERY easy to install, and even easier to operate. Since I started using it, I've NEVER had router related problems (and I used to have them all the time with regular cheapo routers). The features this router/firewall OS has are the same (and in some cases better than) a $200 router/firewall you'd find at CompUSA!

www.smoothwall.org - Check it out! If you need some help with setting it up, feel free to just shoot me a PM or something!

I'm indifferent to video card brands, but IMHO this generation nVidia get's the best bang for the buck thanks to their 6800 GT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.