The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hi I am Miss Bad Wolf

611 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Locolobo 
#1 ·
Hi I am Miss Bad Wolf. I am thinking of starting a 55 planted community tank. The petco near me is having a dollar per gallon tank sale and I have a spot just for one. I am hoping to use some Christmas money and if I can get one money from a seasonal job to set up the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Hi, Miss Bad Wolf, and welcome! :) The email I got from Petco (I'm on their email list) said that 75 gallon tanks are now included in the $1 per gallon sale ("at select stores, while supplies last"), even though I couldn't find an online store flyer from any Petco I checked (across the U.S.) that stated it included the 75's, so you may want to consider a 75 as opposed to a 55 and see if your Petco will honor that. Heck, it's only six more inches further into the room, but it's 50% more landscape! That 50% can mak a big difference in 'scaping possibilities! I have plenty of 55 and smaller tanks, but no 75, so I'm gonna hit up my (semi) local Petco and see if I can score a 75 gallon for $75 this month.

Olskule

#3 ·
Problem is that I do not have a stand for a seventy five gallon tank. I already have a stand for a 55. Also a 75 would be about twenty more and my budget for next week will be just 75. I doubt they will sell it to me without sales tax. Maybe when and if I can get a bigger apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Oh; well, if you already have the stand for a 55, then I guess you're pretty far down that road already, and 55 gallons is a nice sized tank. Good luck with it. If you don't already have a filter or lighting, I suggest shopping for those online for better prices. Also, you may want to check out some of the sponsors here on The Planted Tank, too; they sometimes offer discount codes here.

Olskule

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.