The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually, the World is Getting Better

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Darkblade48 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I would agree with you. I will add the recovery of the grizzly bear, bison and the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone. In my own neck of the woods the recovery of wild turkeys is amazing.

#6 ·
Rotherham Britain, hate crime against young British girls, thousands raped, New Years Eve Germany, hate crime against German women, thousand(s) raped, Sweden, birthday party of 12-13 year olds (20) raped, Greece protests, many women raped, genocide against 1.2 million Christians in Iran. Demands of Sharia law in Texas, Britain, France, Sweden, Germany, etc. Starving 8 year old boy steals loaf of bread in India, sharia law calls for his hand to be crushed, which happens. Islamabad Pakistan, Christian couple burned Alive. Honor killings in Canada, honor killings in USA. I'm going to go with no, its not getting better.

Canada - carbon content (indicator of soil quality) going down to the lowest ever recorded. Notley government banning the cleanest coal powerplants the world has ever seen, WIN government in Ontario phasing out natural gas entirely for electricity, push from various sources to undermine Canadian pipelines that would undercut Bloody Oil and replace it with "dirty" oil (btw this still was bubbling at the surface before we got here).

Recent UN report showing Yazidis and Christians being discriminated against by UN on the ground ethnic workers. Priest slit ear to ear in Europe the other day.

Hungary being billed 200'000 Euros per refugee they don't take, tolling in the hundreds of millions - EU's attempt to force Merkel's will on the populance.

Rape Rape Rape, Death Death Death, Lies Lies Lies. I'd like things to get better - but no one is taking strong leadership. Once our castle falls, who will there be to send aid to the starving, homeless and diseased?

#11 ·
I think this is the thread you were meaning to post in.

I just read a history of the English Civil War. During that time, things were exactly as you say - Rape Rape Rape, Death Death Death, Lies Lies Lies. Soldiers on both sides attacked the civilians they were supposed to be defending, criminals roamed free, innocent people will killed for trying to stay neutral, farmers had their crops confiscated to feed both armies and thus the rest of the population went hungry, disease ran rampant, countless historical records and priceless works of art were destroyed... And yet modern Britain is one of the most peaceful and safe countries in the world. Why?

Because the war ended. Eventually, one side won, and after things calmed down, people looked at the destruction around them and remembered the cost of that conflict. Then they and their children worked together to keep it from happening again.

There have been other wars since them. Some have been even bloodier and more destructive. But things have gotten better.

The codification of human rights.

The 1914 Christmas Truce, where German and British soldiers stopped shooting and gathered in no-man's-land to exchange gifts and play a game of football.

The huge strides in improving social justice made by Ghandi, Mother Theresa, MLK Jr and others using non-violent methods.

(There's more to this list, but right now I have to go to work.)

I do not wish to minimize the suffering that is going on in the world right now. But focusing on the bad doesn't make us more likely to fix it, it makes us get jaded and give up. If, for all the effort we have made, things get worse anyway, why should we even try to do good?

That's why I created this thread. If there is no light, no one will get through the tunnel.

Oh, and hi, Jeff! :tongue:

#8 ·
Ecclesiastes 1:4-11 English Standard Version (ESV)

4 A generation goes, and a generation comes,
but the earth remains forever.

5 The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
and hastens to the place where it rises.

6 The wind blows to the south
and goes around to the north;
around and around goes the wind,
and on its circuits the wind returns.

7 All streams run to the sea,
but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
there they flow again.

8 All things are full of weariness;
a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there a thing of which it is said,
“See, this is new”?
It has been already
in the ages before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things,
nor will there be any remembrance
of later things yet to be
among those who come after.

#9 · (Edited)
but no one is taking strong leadership.
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
"strong leadership" just usually focuses atrocities on "them" as opposed to "you"..
Sometimes you are them and sometimes you.. ;)

either way, innocents suffer. You can only defeat it on a micro level..
"Strong leadership" attracts sheeple..
"Just" leaders on the other hand.............. ;)

TRUELY strong leaders get in the trenches not sit in ivory towers..
Hard to admit it but sometimes one needs the sociopathic leader.. BTW this is NOT one of those times, and it is much more effective at lower ranks anyways..\\

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.