The Planted Tank Forum banner

The World is going to S

16K views 193 replies 30 participants last post by  KrypleBerry 
#1 ·
I'm just saying....seeing a lot of sick viral videos of outrage, not like i can do anything about it....

#5 ·
Well frosty, we are in the Lounge section so it's allowed.
Strungout, I hear ya - place is falling apart. Way too much anger. Being a fellow hermit I have a feeling we might be around to the end... or the first to go. Either way, not much I can personally do about it.

#6 ·
Too many people on the planet. I think it was the comedian Bill Burr who said '...if we got rid of all but around 30,000 people, everyone could go to the superbowl...we wouldn't have to worry about clean water, the environment, or global warming...etc...' I too watch the world from my computer, and when it gets too depressing, I watch comedians or old black and white movies on netflix or hulu.

But it seems for all the super technology at our fingertips, we are paying a big price in general well-being and happiness.

#7 ·
Yes comedians are helping the world very much with laughter. I don't care if they're offensive or not, i need the laughter

I am particular to Daniel Tosh comedic genius....
katt is good
chapelle
rock
and so on.....

#9 ·
Oh goodness, this again.
I hear people say this all the time. It just means you're getting old, not that the world is ending. Do you know how long people have been saying "its the end of the world!". No, you don't, nobody does, because they've been saying it since the beginning of time. You never hear kids say this because they're malleable enough to adjust seamlessly to whatever new paradigms we're dealing with. I'm sure people felt the same way you do during the early 20th century when anarchist bombings were commonplace, or during the Black Death, or when Rome was collapsing. Times now aren't really so much worse than any other time in history. Only difference is now you can watch it all on a 24 hour news cycle so they can blow it way out of proportion and sell you Skittles and fabric softener on the backs of the fallen while they do it. Shrug it off and get back to work.

#13 ·
Common sense would predict that as we evolved technologically, we would need less and less people to cater to our needs for food and raw materials. Yet everywhere in the industrial world governments get the creeps when they think about their populations not growing anymore, or even declining.
I would of thought it to be a good thing.

I don't think much of the upheaval we are seeing is by accident. It takes only 7 people to start a mexican wave.
I think those in power have long since figured this out and have already fielded their 7 wavers. Playing the game of Judo.
Give the opponent a little shove, knowing he will shove back, and where to direct that energy so they defeat themselves.

#15 ·
More people is what grows a capitalist economy, not a happy planet and people. The more dumb people to buy things and not upset the status quo, the more money is made. So a capitalist does not want you to abort that child. They want you to keep having more children to buy their product. The consequences are lowered IQ's, and what we see more and more today....anger and frustration and stupidity.

#14 ·
I make it a point not to watch various news networks due to their nonstop propaganda in terms of "terrorist" or other random "violent acts". Basically at times that is all that is being covered...not the million random acts of kindness or positive aspects happening in the world. The media also glamorizes these events to folks who need some mental health treatment....had a guy a town over from me standing out on a main highway shooting vehicles as they drove past. Combine mental illness, hate, ignorance, the media, and a means to commit crime....you will get crime.

#17 ·
So true. When I was raising my children, I couldn't watch the world. I never had a TV during those years. Too painful. I let my husband handle the real world, so I could stay home and offer undivided attention to the kids. But now that they are grown....I'm watching everything closely. If you are astute, you will find the truth even in propaganda. In fact, propaganda will tell you more about what is really going on. JUDO

#19 ·
I don't disagree, but more often than not, 1 person will do something which leads to copycat behavior. Any attention is good attention in the minds of some.

Even in the case of something benign like taking selfies. It seems like every week I read about a young, inspiring person usually in their 20's that had dreams of becoming a pro-photographer ended up killing him or herself from being stupid. Falling off of things such as cliffs seems to be the way to die with these people.

All it takes is one person doing something and somebody will come along and try to one up the first person and tragedy happens because common sense is no longer a thing. Maybe it never was, but is death really worth the 5 minutes of fame because somebody upped another?

There is nothing wrong with competition and being competitive, but using the grey matter that sits between ones ears that they are born with should be used and exercised, daily.

#20 ·
Years ago we heard about serial killers constantly....very publicized at the time. Suddenly we have little to no coverage on serial killers...doesnt mean there aren't any you just dont have all of the glamor and fame associated with it now thus not as many nuts committing copy crimes. Really they need to do the same with mass shootings, etc....stop the media from making the killer famous and it will be less inviting.

Reactions: AWolf
#24 ·
I know what you meant :p

It's not really the world... violent crime has been steadily declining for the last ~15 years. The problem is social media - you hear about everything as it happens from a first person perspective... no detail is spared. It's a lot more personal and distressing than reading a headline in the newspaper. Mainstream media likes to blow things out of proportion and make something seem like an issue when it's not. Disconnecting from social media and trying to get my news from as unbiased sources as possible (difficult) changed things a lot for me.

#26 ·
I fully agree with your statement. The world has not changed in essence. Maybe a thing or two, but it has always been crap. I'm so youthful, i'm only 32, i act maybe 12 most of the times. Its just nowadays, anything, small will stress me out. Growing up, i guess i had a rough life, being slightly "ugly", but I never noticed how crappy things were, it just seems so easily stressing days over little little nonsense. Nothing I am not engrained to handle. I truly feel this is end times. We all have differing believes, but OP is accurate or actually should be maybe "the world is s"
Yeah we have good and bad, but predominantly bad ruling right now...
this was a ramble post, feel free to carry on discussion

#27 · (Edited)
??? The world has changed in essence. Children getting shot up in schools, Radical Islam shooting up people, blowing up people, 9/11, Commercial airliners being shot or blown out of the sky, European Countries being inundated by Radical Muslims raping and killing, people running over people with cars at events, road ragers maiming and sometimes killing innocent drivers,....
This crap was not happening many years ago. I'm not going to pretend it's not happening, or that it is just the news stories that make it seem like it's happening at such extreme levels of hatred. The only way to make this stop, is to get mad enough to make change happen. Can't do that if you are living in a bubble. 'The cost of liberty is eternal vigilance.'

We need to tell Congress to stop allowing sales of weapons to other Countries. We need to get the Keystone Pipeline going and stop sending money to the middle east for oil. We need to call our State Representatives every day and never stop until it's done.

#31 · (Edited)
We need to tell Congress to stop allowing sales of weapons to other Countries. We need to get the Keystone Pipeline going and stop sending money to the middle east for oil. We need to call our State Representatives every day and never stop until it's done.
As a Canadian I've always found it funny to hear the world prefers bloody oil over our supposed Canadian 'dirty' oil.

Also: I'm seeing a lot of emotional constructs here - not a lot of fact based analysis. I've gotten tired of the emotional arguments from the news media dominating everything to their perspective. At what point do we stand up for Judeo - Christian values like those of my for-fathers who fought in WWII, sacrificed for the good of people they never met, supported womens rights, didn't make a distinction between one person and the next, helped out when needed, etc. I see a CNN video about "how hard it is" for the supposed 'refugees', they had to cross this horribly torrid stream. Oh wait, thats a small brook. Oh wait, theres one wayy bigger near where I grew up. Why is that women pushing a stroller through this stream? Pick up your baby and walk across. Where is your husband, why isn't he helping? Is he the one in the 400$ leather jacket? Wow you brought hair gel with you instead of food, real refugee status going there. You know what it was like building North America in the bitter cold? No one for miles around. Bears, wolves, freezing cold. We learned how to help ourselves, how to get along. Oh but those poor refugees. I'm sure there are real needy refugees somewhere, but they ain't the ones I'm seeing. We can't help those who refuse to help themselves.

Now I hear about different groups, who never were able to solve the problems in the country they came from, changing society.

Catholic schools near where I live are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" because the schools are filled with immigrants. When did saying Merry Christmas become hateful? A Jew saying happy Hanukkah isn't hateful. Why would they intentionally choose to go to a catholic school when they aren't catholic, there are other options for them. Or how we have Gendercide abortion here in Canada now. We let abortion, some people are pro some people are not - however the intention behind allowing abortions is to allow that freedom - but not to allow that freedom to be corrupted simply because some people only want male children.

I will talk about these problems in public, because they deserve vigilance. Its not racist, ideology isn't a race. I find now everyone is concerned more about being called a racist than girls being raped in Rotherham in Britain for years and years and years on end. Why are we allowing systematic hate crimes against our women and children? Only 7 people got arrested for the horrible rapes of more than 1400 girls ages 6 and up. No not immigrant children, only White British children were raped. Apparently now adays if you don't like immigration you must hate immigrants. Well no, but I think citizenship should mean something and not just be handed out. Make people work for it, and they will either appreciate it more, or only the ones who appreciated it in the first place will remain. I still don't think immigrating 1% of Canada's population every year is a good thing.

I don't live in Canada anymore, I like in a country where everyone isn't Canadian - its not a country its just a place to sleep, a doormat and mining colony to the world. Massive health care problems, doctors who will let a patients health get permanently worse just to so they can make more $$ doing an avoidable surgery. Trudeau donates 800 million to a gates charity foundation. I don't pay taxes to have those taxes go to a charity. If I want to help out, I'll help out myself, if I want to donate, I'll donate directly. Its not his pocketbook, its our pocketbook. Blah!

Why are we entertaining changes to our society and ethics system from people who's native countries were never able to figure out how to get things together? It was a large struggle to get where we are as a North American society, and it still isn't perfect - but its the best we got. Lets not go backwards, lets go forward.

Diversity in genetics is good. Diversity in perspective is good. Diversity in value systems is not necessarily good. Not all value systems are equal, not all value systems are congruent. Thank you Trudeau.

#37 ·
I don't think things are going to get better before someone somewhere gets nuked again, to bring us to our senses.

I was saying to my wife, if the other night, if the Americans uses the same justification today that they used against Japan which in terms of being much more traditional warfare and therefore "easier", they would have nuked Afghanistan or Iran or Iraq already, or even one of the ISIS strongholds. Doesn't have to be a big one, It just needs to evaporate one village, for people to get the message.

OOOH what about the innocent? When we take our babies to get immunised, we know there are risks of irreparable damage. But, we are told that this is a risk we take for the benefit of all. I.e. we are potentially sacrificing an innocent life for the benefit of all. (was really hard for me to take my daughter for her shots, but its done).

Our world is so idiosyncratic. On the one hand it needs a universal government of the best and most humanitarian minds, on the other, even if it existed, we have become so jaded, only some would buy into it. Virtually every current politician is already disqualified for being willing to go around with this sham game. Our laws are being written by corporations and approved by politicians who then go to work for those same companies at the end of their terms.

People feel threatened and their money buys less and less (of any value). You can eat with a plastic spoon, but it will never be of any value. And by having created this sub-culture where people have been raised on plastic crap that has to be thrown away every few months, cheap clothes from slave wage economies, they have cheapened life itself.

My one grandfather was born in 1902, these days people are grandfathers in their 30's..

#38 ·
People feel threatened and their money buys less and less (of any value). You can eat with a plastic spoon, but it will never be of any value. And by having created this sub-culture where people have been raised on plastic crap that has to be thrown away every few months, cheap clothes from slave wage economies, they have cheapened life itself.
Again, it all boils down to economics..
To protect their economic stranglehold you need "scapegoats" be it religious or political groups..
Divide and conquer (and profit).........
until the "little people" see the masters pulling their strings.. well..
Economic growth should include the “bottom” 99.9%, not just the .1%, the only question being, how best to accomplish that. Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) favors giving everyone a job. Monetary Sovereignty (MS) favors giving everyone money. The five articles describe the pros and cons of each approach.
4. FREE EDUCATION (INCLUDING POST-GRAD) FOR EVERYONEFive reasons why we should eliminate school loans
Monetarily non-sovereign State and local governments, despite their limited finances, support grades K-12. That level of education may have been sufficient for a largely agrarian economy, but not for our currently more technical economy that demands greater numbers of highly educated workers.
Because state and local funding is so limited, grades K-12 receive short shrift, especially those schools whose populations come from the lowest economic groups. And college is too costly for most families.
An educated populace benefits a nation, and benefiting the nation is the purpose of the federal government, which has the unlimited ability to pay for K-16 and beyond.
5. SALARY FOR ATTENDING SCHOOL
Even were schooling to be completely free, many young people cannot attend, because they and their families cannot afford to support non-workers. In a foundering boat, everyone needs to bail, and no one can take time off for study.
If a young person’s “job” is to learn and be productive, he/she should be paid to do that job, especially since that job is one of America’s most important.
6. ELIMINATE CORPORATE TAXES
Corporations themselves exist only as legalities. They don’t pay taxes or pay for anything else. They are dollar-tranferring machines. They transfer dollars from customers to employees, suppliers, shareholders and the government (the later having no use for those dollars).
Any tax on corporations reduces the amount going to employees, suppliers and shareholders, which diminishes the economy. Ultimately, all corporate taxes come around and reappear as deductions from your personal income.
7. INCREASE THE STANDARD INCOME TAX DEDUCTION, ANNUALLY. (Refer to this.) Federal taxes punish taxpayers and harm the economy. The federal government has no need for those punishing and harmful tax dollars. There are several ways to reduce taxes, and we should evaluate and choose the most progressive approaches.
Cutting FICA and corporate taxes would be an good early step, as both dramatically affect the 99%. Annual increases in the standard income tax deduction, and a reverse income tax also would provide benefits from the bottom up. Both would narrow the Gap.
8. TAX THE VERY RICH (THE “.1%) MORE, WITH HIGHER PROGRESSIVE TAX RATES ON ALL FORMS OF INCOME. (TROPHIC CASCADE)
There was a time when I argued against increasing anyone’s federal taxes. After all, the federal government has no need for tax dollars, and all taxes reduce Gross Domestic Product, thereby negatively affecting the entire economy, including the 99.9%.
But I have come to realize that narrowing the Gap requires trimming the top. It simply would not be possible to provide the 99.9% with enough benefits to narrow the Gap in any meaningful way. Bill Gates reportedly owns $70 billion. To get to that level, he must have been earning $10 billion a year. Pick any acceptable Gap (1000 to 1?), and the lowest paid American would have to receive $10 million a year. Unreasonable.
9. FEDERAL OWNERSHIP OF ALL BANKS (Click The end of private banking and How should America decide “who-gets-money”?)
Banks have created all the dollars that exist. Even dollars created at the direction of the federal government, actually come into being when banks increase the numbers in checking accounts. This gives the banks enormous financial power, and as we all know, power corrupts — especially when multiplied by a profit motive.
Although the federal government also is powerful and corrupted, it does not suffer from a profit motive, the world’s most corrupting influence.
10. INCREASE FEDERAL SPENDING ON THE MYRIAD INITIATIVES THAT BENEFIT AMERICA’S 99.9% (Federal agencies)Browse the agencies. See how many agencies benefit the lower- and middle-income/wealth/ power groups, by adding dollars to the economy and/or by actions more beneficial to the 99.9% than to the .1%.
Save this reference as your primer to current economics. Sadly, much of the material is not being taught in American schools, which is all the more reason for you to use it.

The Ten Steps will grow the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and you.
https://mythfighter.com/
no "group" is excluded.;)

#39 ·
I'm not sure I can like John Lennon, imagine a world without possessions.

If only we were more evolved we could give anarchy a try. I am not a dog, therefore I don't have a leader.

The ugly truth is there is simply not enough to go around for every body to have all their basic material dreams met.

#45 ·
Some people are simply more capable than others. There is really no perfect system since there are no perfect people. AI (artificial intelligence) is gaining ground. Our brains have not developed to overcome the emotional attachment to our existence. Hence the fear of 'no god', etc.

#40 · (Edited)
South Africa is a monetary soviergn nation. Everything above applies to it as well..in one form or another.
Our institutionalized illusions are strong.....

A nation having the characteristics of Monetary Sovereignty flips the traditional understanding of the hierarchy of control over the money supply, leaving the Government in control of interest rates (rather than private banks and investors) and ensuring solvency. For a nation displaying the characteristics of MS, insolvency or bankruptcy is an impossibility, as they are always able to produce the necessary funds to pay or roll over its bills.
What is Monetary Sovereignty?

Sadly such basic economics is lost on credit ratings agencies and investors, who see only rising deficit and debt/gdp and start to panic about getting their money back.

It is indeed necessary that the government debt of the world’s “premier” countries should remain “safe”. But draining their economies by forcing austerity policies upon them is not the way to keep it safe. On the contrary, it is likely to make it LESS safe. Safety is ensured through investment in the physical and human capital of the country to secure growth and prosperity for the future.

Clearly, even governments of “Premier League” countries can’t do entirely as they please. There is bound to be a tipping point at which trust is lost and the country is relegated to the second division. We don’t know exactly what that tipping point is. But the message from today’s low interest rates is that we are nowhere near that point. For the sake of both their own citizens and the global economy, these countries can, and should, invest.
Frances Coppola: Rethinking Government Debt and Monetary Sovereignity | naked capitalism

#41 ·
The thing is despite there being no profit motive for government, the same can not be said for the politicians and their handlers. They are robbing as blind at every opportunity. Starting with NO1 goat herder par excelence J. Zuma.

#42 ·
There are many places I go online to watch the world. Far right and far left is everywhere, but where is the 'middle way'? (I don't mean Buddhist!, but hey, maybe they have a better take on all of this)
My favorite place is Stephan Molyneux on Youtube. He seems as close sensible as I can find. My other is Alex Jones. He's totally full of himself, as my Father would say 'he's et up with it'. (et=eaten in southern US vernacular). Jones believes the 'world order' conspiracy. I don't think it is conspiracy. I think things like NATO, EU, etc., are attempts to get us all on the same page in such a small world. It makes sense to try to do that. We are more and more a world economy....I fall, you fall...kind of thing. But it isn't working. So Briton is out of the EU. Soon other will follow. The failed experiment. I don't believe the powers that 'be' want to see failure because it would take them down too. So I have yet to believe Jones' conspiracy theories. But Jones' does make some good points, if you look beyond that rebel without a cause rhetoric. He and Molyneux got together recently on a youtube video. I never would have thought the two would work so well together.

#43 · (Edited)
The "euro" is a pseudo-gold standard currency. and is controlled for "bankster" profits.. Doomed from the start..
Greece should have exited years ago and gone back to the drachma(?)..
Idiots..

you don't need to be left or right to understand how things work. That only determines what you do w/ the information..

When one starts w/ incorrect assumptions, both right and left "arguments" are both true and false at the same time.. Leads to erroneous conclusions and a lot of confusion.
Like saying turn left or turn right or you will fall off the edge of the world.. when neither is right since it is round.. :)

Unlike Karl Marx, who was a revolutionary, Adam Smith was a reformer. Where Karl Marx saw class struggle, Adam Smith saw special interests that were often at odds with the public interest. If Adam Smith were alive today, it is unlikely that he would join the chorus of triumphant anticommunists. Instead, he would warn that capitalism is prone to excess. He would observe that vigilance is required to ensure that the political system is not manipulated for the economic benefit of a few to the detriment of the entire society. He would be advocating political reforms to make sure that the system is not corrupted by special interests.
http://adamsmithslostlegacy.blogspot.com/2009/02/correct-summary-of-adam-smiths-ideas.html
Ohh, and one must really learn history .. the old repeat our mistake thing..

It is not, however, difficult to foresee which of the two parties must, upon all ordinary occasions, have the advantage in the dispute, and force the other into a compliance with their terms. The masters, being fewer in number, can combine much more easily; and the law, besides, authorizes, or at least does not prohibit their combinations, while it prohibits those of the workmen. We have no acts of parliament against combining to lower the price of work; but many against combining to raise it. In all such disputes the masters can hold out much longer. A landlord, a farmer, a master manufacturer, a merchant, though they did not employ a single workman, could generally live a year or two upon the stocks which they have already acquired. Many workmen could not subsist a week, few could subsist a month, and scarce any a year without employment. In the long run the workman may be as necessary to his master as his master is to him; but the necessity is not so immediate.
A. Smith.........

Many would not be able to find employment even upon these hard terms, but would either starve, or be driven to seek a subsistence either by begging, or by the perpetration perhaps of the greatest enormities.

Or as Krugman says:

The whole budget debate, then, is a sham. House Republicans, in particular, are literally stealing food from the mouths of babes — nutritional aid to pregnant women and very young children is one of the items on their cutting block — so they can pose, falsely, as deficit hawks.
https://unfashionablylate.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/adam-smith-and-collective-bargaining/

#44 ·
There will be no equality until all currencies are of the same worth.
Time is money and at the end of the day it is our time we sell when in employment.

An American takeaway employee makes more in an hour than a farm labourer earns here in a day.

"The only absolute truth is that there are no absolute truths." (Feyerabend).

#46 · (Edited)
Floating currencies are your friend..There is nothing (but morality/opinion/ideology) stopping your government from "subsidizing" their wages...There is no reason to fix a floating currency.
as long as wages can equal a "living" it doesn't matter as to its absolute value..
If your farmers cannot earn a living wage it is your soviergn gov. fault.. not the worlds..Applies here as well and boils down to what the gov. can and cannot afford.. ;)
Here in the US nobody asks why we can "afford" trillion $ wars yet never collect ONE PENNY of taxes to pay for it. Yet question the $'s we spend on "food stamps" IRONIC isn't it?

One more thing to think about.. We here in the US give the Chinese "paper" (ie. fiat currency) for real goods (i.e actual material possessions). Who is getting screwed???
Back a bit to floating currency.. a bit heavy reading:
http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=5402
MMT recognises this problem, but doesn’t recommend the mainstream solution.

For a sovereign nation – that is a “modern money regime” – that includes flexible exchange rates, the government has more domestic policy space than the maintream consider.

The government can make use of this space to pursue economic growth and rising living standards even if this means expansion of the CAD and depreciation of the currency.

While there is no such thing as a balance of payments growth constraint in a flexible exchange economy in the same way as exists in a fixed exchange rate world, the external balance still has implications for foreign reserve holdings via the level of external debt held by the public and private sector.

But it is also advisable that a nation facing continual CADs foster conditions that will reduce its dependence on imports. However, the mainstream solution to a CAD will actually make this more difficult.

Indeed, IMF lending and the accompanying conditions that are typically imposed on the debtor nation almost always reduce the capacity of the government to engineer a solution to the problems of inflation and falling foreign currency reserves without increasing the unemployed buffer stock. A policy strategy based largely on fiscal austerity will create unacceptable levels of socio-economic hardship.

Targets to reduce budget deficits may help lower inflation, but only because the “fiscal drag” acts as a deflationary mechanism that forces the economy to operate under conditions of excess capacity and unemployment.

This type of deflationary strategy does not build productive capacity and the related supporting infrastructure and offers no “growth solution”. And fiscal restraint may not be successful in lowering budget deficits for the simple reason that tax revenue can fall as the taxable base shrinks because economic activity is curtailed.
This is a lesson all countries should learn. International capitalism, ultimately does not really take ‘political’ decisions – it just pursues return.

The clear lesson is that sovereign governments are not necessarily at the hostage of global financial markets. They can steer a strong recovery path based on domestically-orientated policies – such as the introduction of a Job Guarantee – which directly benefit the population by insulating the most disadvantaged workers from the devastation that recession brings.

Argentina’s defiance has lessons for Australia. Many critics of the Job Guarantee argue that the international financial markets would wreak havoc on the Australian economy if it was introduced here. This is clearly just a neo-liberal myth. My view is that the international investment community would soon realise that rather than being a threat to their activities, the introduction of a Job Guarantee would provide them with an even better investment climate in which to chase return. It is time that we abandoned the neo-liberal myths and instead realise that in capitalism ‘greed comes before prejudice’.
Even if ultimately the higher growth is consistent with a lower exchange rate this is not something that we should worry about. Lower currency parities stimulate local employment (via the terms of trade effect) and tend to damage the middle and higher classes more than the poorer groups because luxury imported goods (ski holidays, BMW cars) become more expensive.

These exchange rate movements will tend to be once off adjustments anyway to the higher growth path and need not be a source of on-going inflationary pressure.

Finally, where imported food dependence exists – then the role of the international agencies should be to buy the local currency to ensure the exchange rate does not price the poor out of food. This is a simple solution which is preferable to to forcing these nations to run austerity campaigns just to keep their exchange rate higher. The IMF would do well to reform its charter and adopt this role instead of the destructive role it currently plays around the world.
Spread the word ...

#48 ·
It is SOOOO hard to save the world when 99% don't even understand the "rules" much less the game board.......... ;)
and those that do understand and can actually change things, aren't talking.. much.. or being corrupted for an ideology..
Congressman Ron Paul:

"Strictly speaking, it probably is not necessary for the federal government to tax anyone directly; it could simply print the money it needs. However, that would be too bold a stroke, for it would then be obvious to all what kind of counterfeiting operation the government is running. The present system combining taxation and inflation is akin to watering the milk: too much water and the people catch on."
Please don't fall for these alternative taxing SCHEMES. The banking cartel doesn't care what form it is they fleece your hard earned dollars (flat tax, fair tax, sales tax, etc.) - just as long as they continue to steal from us:
right idea.. wrong conclusion..
In simplistic terms.. Why would Midas need to "borrow" or collect (taxes) gold.............:)
Needed to go to the "wayback" machine for the quote..
https://web.archive.org/web/20160606132306/http://www.devvy.com/notax.html

conspiracy???? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.