Florida Huricanes? aquaticplantdepot still there? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Florida Huricanes? aquaticplantdepot still there?

http://www.aquaticplantdepot.com/

i placed an order from these fine people, but then started to think about the huricans.. are they even there anymore?

Help control the pet population...spay or neuter people won't spay or neuter their dogs or cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to pjhaddock Send a message via MSN to pjhaddock Send a message via Yahoo to pjhaddock
As of last week they were when I placed my last order with them. I am not sure if the most recent one bothered them or not. I am in Jacksonville, FL.

Philip
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Wannabe Guru

Yes they are, but I had several mixups with my order that I attribute to the hurricanes.

John P.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Did you try to contact them directly?

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

I phoned in my order b/c I wanted dwarf hairgrass in addition to the other plants listed in my signature (they don't normally stock the acicularis hairgrass). It took them a week or so for them to receive it, at which point they were supposed to send the order. I had to call back 3 or 4 times before they actually sent it out (over the span of a couple of weeks), and when I received it they hadn't included any Glosso (which I still need) and the java moss and the watersprite were on death's door.

The plants have since rebounded, and to their credit they 1) threw in about 3 extra moss balls and 2) substituted hairgrass for the missing Glosso.

I'm not upset given their situation with the hurricanes. I just hope that one of our fellow forum members sends me his Glosso clippings as promised, and--more importantly--that my wife is able to clean them and float them in the tank until I return from traveling!

John P.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have been trying to phone them to ask weather or not I can expect them to be able to ship me anything.. or what.

Help control the pet population...spay or neuter people won't spay or neuter their dogs or cats!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 03:51 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Quote:
and--more importantly--that my wife is able to clean them and float them in the tank until I return from traveling!

I have been breaking my girlfriend in slowly! She helps with the water changes and feed the fish. She is always up for a ride to a not so L LFS and enjoys the aquariums. Once I can trust her to trim the plants, I'll ask her to marry me! Well, maybe....... LOL!

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 05:36 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro

I have been breaking my girlfriend in slowly! She helps with the water changes and feed the fish. She is always up for a ride to a not so L LFS and enjoys the aquariums. Once I can trust her to trim the plants, I'll ask her to marry me! Well, maybe....... LOL!

Mike
You better delete this post--you don't want her seeing this "guaranty!"

John P.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

they are still there.. I just got an email today. "we are running on generators, your order will ship tuesday"... must be hard hit area or surrounding areas..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode