The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - AquariumNoob's New 75G Tank!!!
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
So, i havent updated this in a WHILE. Anyhow, i have some newer equipment and stocking.
Currently have German Blue Ram's, 4 Angelfish(Dont know which), 2 Albino Bushynose Pleco's, and 9 Sterbae Tetra's.
-Marineland Stealth Pro Heater
-2x Eheim 2217's
-Stock Marineland/Perfecto 1x 48" Unit (starter burnt out- awaiting new one so its out for now)
-Extra lighting is a 2x T5HO 48" Unit. Aftermarket China stuff.
-Not yet set up as i havent gotten the darn tank filled =/: 10lb co2 tank with Concoa co2 regulator body w/ Yikejasons body kit (Fabco needle valve, Clippard solenoid). Put together using joint compound not teflon tape!
-Cheap little Digital thermometer
-2x Albino Bushynose Pleco's (Live Gravel Vac's)
Hoping to get that co2 setup put together and ready to go just gotta get the darn tank filled.

Substrate is i believe 6 or 7 Bags of Eco-Complete.
To make my life easier i copied & pasted the order list for plants:
1 ea. Echinodorus Martii (Ruffle Sword) SM
2 ea. Echinodorus Bleheri (Amazon Sword) Pot
2 ea. Vallisneria Asiatica Var. Biwaensis (Corkscrew Val)
1 ea. Echinodorus Argentinensis (Rangeri) Pot
2 ea. Cryptocoryne Crispatula var. Balansae pot
3 ea. Java Fern Narrow Leaf
4 ea. Java Fern (Microsorium Pteropus)
2 ea. Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red Pot
2 ea. Vallisneria Gigantea (Jungle Val)
1 ea. Echinodorus Cordifolius (Radican) Pot
1 ea. Aponogeton Capuronii
2 ea. Vallisneria Spiralis (Italian Val)
1 ea. Cryptocoryne Undulata Pot
3 ea. Java Moss (Vesicularia Dubyana)
1 ea. Cryptocoryne Spiralis Pot XL
1 ea. Anubias Barteri Var. Broadleaf Pot
1 ea. Anubias Barteri Var. Nana
A giant Marimo ball and a few small/medium ones.
All of that is in the tank and as far as i can tell everything is doin alright. Java fern is already budding and have a few plants which i will be taking off in a week or so. Amazon swords did melt but theyre already 6" or so (one pretty much totally melted the other only lost 4 or 5 leaves). the grasses are doing great and are already at the top of the tank and have 1' or so just floating around in the currents lol. The "Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red" is doing great too. around 1' high or so. Ill get pictures up later today hopefully. The moss, which i ended up not using and just throwing into the tank, is growing alright (and unfortunately getting everywhere and making a mess =/.. Might transfer the extra moss to my 30g just to let it grow freely as theres practically no plants there.. only 1 kind that for some reason wouldnt grow in my 75g but is going pretty well in my 30g..??). For ferts i have a few root tabs in the tank (totally forgot to put new ones and its been like 3 months haha. CRAP), as well as the Rootmedic liquid ferts. During theyre awesome sale where it was almost 50% off, i got the 500ml set (i think its 500?) of macro's & micros and then got the set of refills for 80$ or whatever (only cost me 50something then) so the extra jugs are stored under my tank. From what i understand they should still be good to use for another year so yeah. My marimo balls are... well.. no noticable change yet. Ill let ya know in 4 or 5 years .

Anyhow thats all i can think of. Pictures to come soon!

AquariumNoob's 75G Tank!!
My Two 20L Shrimp Tanks!

Eheim Pimp # 434
One 75G Powered by Two 2217's, two 20L Shrimp Tanks, and a 10G QT Tank!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome