This new synthetic salt is said to promote growth of bioactive substances and provide protection for the mucous membrane of aquarium fish, thereby making your livestock healthier. Corals are affected as well, displaying brighter colors and opening their polyps more.
While making livestock healthier, BIO-ACTIF also promotes the breakdown of pollutants and excess nutrients in the water, leading to superb water clarity.
Tropic Marin suggests to perform weekly 15% water changes with this salt mix in order to maximize its effectiveness and promote the breakdown of unwanted “pollutants”.
Below is a list of all of the benefits seen when using Tropic Marin BIO-ACTIF sea salt:
* Rapid success in coral growth, even for beginners.
* Advanced reef aquarists can grow even very challenging and delicate species which have always been regarded as impossible to keep.
* Corals which once seemed incompatible because of their different demands in terms of care can be cared for together, with all species enjoying good growth and ideal conditions. Small polyp and large polyp stony corals can be kept together with leather corals, for example, without their combined care being detrimental to either group.
* The low-nutrient environment also allows sponges and complex higher-order algae to grow without running wild, adding their own natural and authentic touch to the indoor reef.
* Active control of the pH and carbonate hardness is conducive to the sustained growth of corals,
calcareous red algae and other calcifying organisms.
* Skimming action for the elimination of contaminants and suspended matter provides a permanent solution to cloudiness, allowing the reef aquarium to shine in full clarity in the most vibrant colours.