The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - help with my ugly tank!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
Fahnell: yes, she is a ramirezi, but I'm not really looking for a blackwater style tank. I appreciate your reply though. Those tanks are very cool, just not really my thing.

Seadreamer: You know, as soon as I read your post I said DUH! Yeah, I certainly can leave just a little bit under the wall. In fact, do you by chance know of any aquarium safe clay I could put under there? If not, it's really no big deal, I can certainly leave the ugly blue gravel, and just cover it with something else. And thanks for the wall comment, I like it too. Even if it was/is a pain.

I was thinking of sticking a few pieces of fissidens fontanus in a few spots on the wall (not sure if you can tell, it's full of holes) and I'll look into anubias. I kind of wonder what would look good sitting in front of the wall. The only reason I built it, was because I don't like seeing all the wires and everything from the filter and heater behind my aquarium, nor am I a fan of the fake poster things that people put up as backgrounds.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome