The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Any Harrisburg Fish Guys/Gals around?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Algae Grower
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
Do you need a better place than That Fish Place? Soooo good...

Sent from my Tricorder using TapaTalk Pro
Do I need a better place? Absolutely. Yes, if you are going for dry goods, it's a great place to buy from. Prices are good, and the selection and stock levels are too. I personally don't trust the livestock though. I work close by, so a trip during lunch happens quite often. I also live close by, so a trip after work happens quite often as well, which means I get to see how it looks before and after cleaning. I've talked to a number of the staff and there are two (now only one) that I will trust with the questions I have. Everytime I go in I look at both the fresh and saltwater areas. I can't walk out of there without counting all the dead fish. Their coral frag tanks are always covered in algae. I understand that it is a business, and that it should be considered a big box store. It wasn't always like that. They are a big reason why all the smaller fish/pet stores are out of business. Tony's went out not to long ago. I loved that little place. It was ran by a guy who made a little on the top, but it was more of a hobby for him. The quality of livestock and the store in general showed how much he loved what he was doing.

Turning money into fun
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome