Status
Not open for further replies.

Entry for TPT t-shirt design!

28K views 121 replies 58 participants last post by  JamesEmory 
#1 · (Edited)

TPT's T-shirt store is here
http://www.cafepress.com/plantedtank

Hi folks,
We're having a little contest on the best t-shirt design. Enter your designs here. TWO DESIGNS MAX PER MEMBER. We want to keep this thread compact. I can then make a poll thread.

Please keep the technical specs of the image in mind. I'll try to work with the winner or winners on formatting the image correctly but if it's completely unusable, your design will be rejected.

Yes, we can have more than one winner. And winner(s) get a free t-shirt.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Image specs:
Image size: 10 inch x 10 inch
Image resolution: 200 Dots Per Inch
Image format: PNG, lossless compression, PNG - 24 bit transparency for transparent images.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The color white is transparent on a white t-shirt. If you want white to print on a color t-shirt, you'll have to use the PNG- 24 bit transparency format.

Refer to these for more image format details:
http://help.cafepress.com/hc/s-7405...4592964288590/front_page!PAGETYPE?category=35
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/learn/index.aspx?page=transparency_ps

You should post a low resolution image of your design in this thread.
This thread will close 2-01-2011. You have until then to submit all of your designs.

Happy Designing.

See less See more
#3 ·
This contest is irresistable! And, I want one of the tee shirts, preferably a light gray Polo Shirt. So, here is my entry:

I have it as a PNG format, 10 inch square size, even though this illustration is a JPEG format. It is transparent where not colored.

#10 ·
If there is an award for funniest Tee Shirt, that "planted tank on the brains" idea would win easily. It is embarrassingly true where I'm concerned. I have spent almost 100% of my time on various planted tank pursuits for the past 3 days. Being retired I can do that.

#18 ·
Zero art skills here, more of a cut, bolt, weld type.

Surprized myself that more didn't throw out designs. Several here in the membership are quite gifted.
I'll be buying for sure. If the shirts are produced on the basis of orders maybe more than one design option?

#20 ·
I like the designs a lot.

I would put something along the lines of a nature aquarium design though. Maybe with some moss grown branch or something. Only my drawing/designing skills are so good that a 5 year old autistic child once told me that the duck I tried drawing isn't a duck and that he will draw a better one. So as much as I would like to enter something, I doubt anyone could tell what it will be.

#21 · (Edited)
Will probably have at least one design up here tommorrow. Just have to get into things a bit better and finish my work before finishing my design.

Am I interpreting this correctly that our design can have the T-shirt be any color we like? Or does it have to be white?

Just curious, how long is this constest open for?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer to that last part.

#23 ·
Cool more designs!!! Yes, color t-shirts are available that's on Cafepress. For now, use any color you want and we'll find something that matches.. Black is an option. Make sure sure to have you file on layers so you can output a PNG, 24 bit transparency to be printed on a color t-shirt.

#28 ·
All snark aside, is it doable to accept designs in whatever format they can be submitted in, then have one or more of us work on the winning design to convert it to a usable png of the appropriate size? I can see problems with that, but I can also see how it could work. I would be willing to be one of those helping to convert such a design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.